Disable vision positioning system.

Reaction score
I don't need this function. I purchased an add on gimbal whose instructions said to disable the VPS in dji go. This isn't an option in my dji go. Tried to remove the vps module but discovered that it has other necessary functions. Anybody ever just tape over the sensors and camera lens ? Thanks,

I don't need this function. I purchased an add on gimbal whose instructions said to disable the VPS in dji go. This isn't an option in my dji go.
Keep looking ... it should be here:
i-9Bphh43-M.png

Putting the tape over the sensors would be the worst thing you can do.
The drone would 'think' it's an obstacle near around and would act like that.
You didn't mention what drone we are talking about.

I don't need this function. I purchased an add on gimbal whose instructions said to disable the VPS in dji go. This isn't an option in my dji go. Tried to remove the vps module but discovered that it has other necessary functions. Anybody ever just tape over the sensors and camera lens ? Thanks,
Since this is the Phantom Pilots forum, and you haven't mentioned which drone you're referring to, I'll assume a modern Phantom, like the Phantom 4 or P4P. You should be using the Go 4 App for a modern Phantom (not the Go App). The option to disable Obstacle Avoidance is pretty straight forward. This is for Go 4 App v4.0.8 (see how specific I was there?).

1674326190773.png

You're welcome. Looks to me like you're using the wrong software (what the kids call "apps" these days).

D

Reactions: dronesky
I'll assume a modern Phantom, like the Phantom 4 or P4P.

D
He's posting in the Phantom 3 Pro/Adv section so i guess its not a P4 or similar. Havng hooked up my P3P i see the same screen, so i'm gonna say you cant disable theVPS from the app

He's posting in the Phantom 3 Pro/Adv section so i guess its not a P4 or similar. Havng hooked up my P3P i see the same screen, so i'm gonna say you cant disable theVPS from the app
Ahhhh...not sure why it's greyed out. But, yes, I should've seen it. My eyes laser focused on the "Pro/Adv Discussion."
1674327942889.png

That said, which app does the P3 use? Can it not use the Go 4 App? My Mavic Pro can use either the Go App OR the Go 4 App. So the idea that drones can use multiple apps is certainly a possibility.

D

Ahhhh...not sure why it's greyed out. But, yes, I should've seen it. My eyes laser focused on the "Pro/Adv Discussion."

That said, which app does the P3 use? Can it not use the Go 4 App? My Mavic Pro can use either the Go App OR the Go 4 App. So the idea that drones can use multiple apps is certainly a possibility.

D

The P3A/P uses Dji Go (not Go 4).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj