Vote hate or love the new layout

Based on this thread and the general feedback, I would say the vote would not be in your favor. In regards to your concerns, I think after a few hours of usage you will start to like the site a little more. And no, I wouldnt remove a thread, just reply to it :). Maybe the Phantom 2 giveaway later today will help ease the growing pains of the site.

I hope the giveaway is going to be open to everyone, Ie, the international users and not just those in the USA.

Reactions: CarlJ
How about a vote on this?

If enough people complain they MAY listen. Doubt it though very few people like to admit they have got it wrong. They must have spent a lot of money and how can they justify that?

I HATE this new look. It is messy - hurts my eyes - harder to see and find things.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT.

Seriously though they have ruined the best forum I have ever come across. The old one was a joy to use. Why spend so much time and effort wrecking the old one?

If it stays like this I wont be hanging around!!!

Lol I bet they remove this...................
Yes I agree I like the old version much better,havin difficultys postin any pics can't add avatar for example this one seems like one of the recent DJI updates ,need I say more

I was bummed with it yesterday now I'm getting into it give it a week you will get on board :)
This reminds me of my iPhone 5 (6.1.4) best iOS then instead of me reading about the update I updated to iOS 7 man I was jacked I could have hurt someone I hatted it well week later I got the hang of it .
Give it time people all the great info & people are still here :D

Reactions: Jacob
Another small problem is the profile text is not being used on posts.

What I have is not showing up. Only my old information is showing.

Another small problem is the profile text is not being used on posts.

What I have is not showing up. Only my old information is showing.
It looks fine to me:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-03-28 at 9.24.40 AM.png
    Screenshot 2015-03-28 at 9.24.40 AM.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 198
To add the avatar, click on your name in the top right, then click your avatar and upload a new one.
Yep I tryd and it does nothing with multiple pics & I was adding pics to the show off your modded phantom topic with great difficulty it only let me load 2 and the others I wanted to add was roughly the same size some a little smaller and others a bit bigger & I'm following same steps as the successful ones but nothing(I'm using an iPad btw)?

Not liking it... I own a p2v+ and an inspire... I appreciated the cross links on the old site as I'm constantly on both sites and it makes it easy for me if I want to click back and forth.... Perhaps I will get used to it...

Never mind... I just saw the inspire 1link at the bottom here

Reactions: Jacob
Yep I tryd and it does nothing with multiple pics & I was adding pics to the show off your modded phantom topic with great difficulty it only let me load 2 and the others I wanted to add was roughly the same size some a little smaller and others a bit bigger & I'm following same steps as the successful ones but nothing(I'm using an iPad btw)?
Try using "tapatalk". Its a forum view app that allows you to have easier function. I dont have an ipad, so I cant test uploads on it although they should work.

No what you see is my old profile text.

I have this in my profile.

Not what you see below.
According to your profile, you just put it under a new section. It's not going to show up on your posts. Add it to your signature to have it viewed.

According to your profile, you just put it under a new section. It's not going to show up on your posts. Add it to your signature to have it viewed.
Yes but my signature says this.

Did have FC40 and P2V+, now have P2V+ v3.0

RC, Metal detecting, Home cinema, wine, good food.
---
Not what is shown on my posts. Shown below VVVVV

Try using "tapatalk". Its a forum view app that allows you to have easier function. I dont have an ipad, so I cant test uploads on it although they should work.
Yes tap talk works ty man

Yes but my signature says this.

Did have FC40 and P2V+, now have P2V+ v3.0

RC, Metal detecting, Home cinema, wine, good food.
---
Not what is shown on my posts. Shown below VVVVV
I don't think you are looking in the correct spot. I updated it for you.

Hate the new look, the forum needed some improvements but a new look was not one of them
Like I have said before. Just give it some time. Spend a few hours looking around over the following days and I can promise you will grow to love it as many have.

Couple things I've noticed that are an improvement:
  1. Search on the previous platform was a complete waste of time. Had to use a separate google search window. No longer necessary. Haven't thoroughly tested the new search, but a definite improvement.
  2. Bullet lists (like the one I am typing) work better than before, IMHO.
Neutral on whether the appearance is better or worse. Don't really care about appearance so much as rich functionality.

How about publishing a top 10 list of functional improvements over the old platform.

BTW, I like RC Groups platform a lot more than the old platform here. I particularly like being able to scroll through the essence of a new post on a subscribed thread on my phone, without having to leave email app and go to browser and forum site. Doubt this forum can do that, which is too bad.

Kelly

Couple things I've noticed that are an improvement:
  1. Search on the previous platform was a complete waste of time. Had to use a separate google search window. No longer necessary. Haven't thoroughly tested the new search, but a definite improvement.
  2. Bullet lists (like the one I am typing) work better than before, IMHO.
Neutral on whether the appearance is better or worse. Don't really care about appearance so much as rich functionality.

How about publishing a top 10 list of functional improvements over the old platform.

BTW, I like RC Groups platform a lot more than the old platform here. I particularly like being able to scroll through the essence of a new post on a subscribed thread on my phone, without having to leave email app and go to browser and forum site. Doubt this forum can do that, which is too bad.

Kelly
I'll be sending out an FAQ later today.

I am shocked and dismayed!

I have watched over these many months as these new owners have changed things around like...well...like they own the place! Sure they've retained most of the moderation staff, and the transition went pretty seamlessly, but did they contact us with all pertinent information so that we might have debated it ad nauseum? No they did not! And I remind you sirs, no one is above our collective ridicule...no one...

Yes, it appears their only intent is to enhance our experience here and in our hobby all the while keeping membership free, but that's how they trick you. Then before you know it they introduce rules and pretty soon it's nazi germany up in this *****.

Well played new owners, well played...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20