Vision + with gopro, iosd needed?

Reaction score
Hi all
I have just got hold of a vision + with no gimbal or camera. My intention is to install the Zenmuse H4 gimbal for a go pro along with an fpv setup. I was going to buy the iosd mini but was wondering if that was necessary as I will be running the pilot app, which should give me all the telemetry or will it not work?

If you are referring to this mod then you will not need IOSD.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2213815&page=17
This is the mod where you can use the DJI Vision App with a H33D/H43D gopro3/4 setup.
The mod works well with android. If you are using iPhone IOS, then you may need a third party app like Litchi, Ultimate etc..

Oh - There is no DJI pilot app on the Vision series. Its referred to the DJI Vision app.

FPVBooster app works great on the iPhone iOs system.

Litchi app work even better, though it is on Android.

If you do the mod correctly from the thread Mako79 posted, both apps will give you everything you need except control of the GoPro through the app. No app out there will give you control of the GoPro right now. Though I suspect that once GoPro releases their drone next year, we will get apps that will control the camera.

Great guys thank you just what I wanted, been thinking about switching back to android for a while and that's made up my mind. Have run the Pilot app and wondered why nothing worked, I have now found the vision app so will give that a go but have read good things about the Litchi app for android.
Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.