Vision + wifi extender

Interesting. My Phantom 2 Vision shipped with the RE 700 as standard. All I needed to do was adjust the controller with a screwdriver to get the extended range.

I have since checked the DJI website and compared the specification of models that are available. Going by the data posted, I think I should perhaps have received the RE 500 and not the RE 700. Either I just got lucky, or DJI have changed their policy and are now shipping the RE 700 as standard.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
No you just got lucky, my leprechauns are hard at work

Well, give the little chap a an appreciative touch to the brim of your cap from me. Much appreciated. Now, if he could just sort out my faulty battery charger...

Interesting. My Phantom 2 Vision shipped with the RE 700 as standard. All I needed to do was adjust the controller with a screwdriver to get the extended range.

If you got the RE700 instead of a 500 that sounds like you got a bonus.

But the adjustment on the transmitter that changes from CE to FCC power levels on the transmitter. That will increase the control signals range. But that trim pot that you turn on the back of the tx dont change any thing as far as the FPV's wifi connection and range.

J.James said:
But that trim pot that you turn on the back of the tx dont change any thing as far as the FPV's wifi connection and range.

Yes, I understand that. But I'm more than happy with what I have at the moment. FPV reception is more than adequate for my present needs.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
I havent tried anything long range since the new upgrade but will try tomorrow and let you know.
Hi. I'm awating for your long distance test after the update, and hoping for the same initial results you had, to pull the trigger for a new extender. Let us know once you test it. Thanks.

You are still on version 1.08 your upgrade didnt work properly. Did you download the new assistant software from dji.com?

Nope that looks like your up to date. I havent got mine hooked up to see exactly what it should be but it looks right. Have you updated your phone app too?

Yep thats the right app. You'll now have waypoints. Did you upgrade the camera so it can take raw files?

blackwolfk9 said:
Has this app been released for the P2V?
:D
It's not an app. It's the RE 700 wifi extender that comes with the vision plus. It gives better range than the RE 500 that came with stock vision birds.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Cyclone said:
That's impressive Mal. Must be scarey sending it that far and not seeing it? :shock:

This, a gimbal and a battery (or 2) is on my want list.

Ive been flying this bird every day for 6 months and she has scared me on many occasions but always came home to papa. Ive learned to trust her even through the scariest moments especially when it took her a bit longer to come home when fpv was lost and rth was in a head wind but eventually I'd hear her buzzing and I knew we were both safe. Stick to the rules of how to fly her from the start and she'll come home. Always be prepared to lose her and never let her go. If she's gone there is always the chance she'll come back. Pity we cant say the same about women lmao ;)

You say stick to the rules which you quite clearly have not i love irony.

Myownvisions said:
Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Cyclone said:
That's impressive Mal. Must be scarey sending it that far and not seeing it? :shock:

This, a gimbal and a battery (or 2) is on my want list.

Ive been flying this bird every day for 6 months and she has scared me on many occasions but always came home to papa. Ive learned to trust her even through the scariest moments especially when it took her a bit longer to come home when fpv was lost and rth was in a head wind but eventually I'd hear her buzzing and I knew we were both safe. Stick to the rules of how to fly her from the start and she'll come home. Always be prepared to lose her and never let her go. If she's gone there is always the chance she'll come back. Pity we cant say the same about women lmao ;)

You say stick to the rules which you quite clearly have not i love irony.
:?
Not sure what you are talking about here. Maybe you have an ax to grind?
Anyhow, please don't jack my thread.

MHL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4