Vision + wifi extender

dirkclod said:
Giveem hell JJ !!!! Has anyone that has put the RE700 on their PV2 tried the app Vision+booster ?I know it says for the PV2+ but that's the range extender were using ? It might be posted somewhere in here but I have not seen it.

I would try it but I lose control before I lose FPV...

I would try it but I lose control before I lose FPV

Thats awesome and how it should be.

Nsrwholesale said:
So who has these badboys in stock? I'm trying to pull a fast one on DJI, hopefully works. :-/
You have to have the luck of the Irish to do that :lol:

First test with my new RE700 on the Vision. I doubled my FPV range to 2200+ feet. I used to get about 1000-1100 with the RE500. Happy with purchase. I got mine from Dave's Motors

Did I ever tell you the truth behind how I got my free re700 wifi extender.
Ok here's the real story and I know you all are gonna say "oh dji sent it to you by mistake" well I have to level with you....
See one night I was walking home down my little laneway with thorn bushes on either side and gravel scuffing under my heels. All of a sudden the weirdest morning sunlight illuminated the underside of the clouds giving off an eerie orangy glow. I then realised I hadnt got my p2v with shitty re500 on me and I despaired as what to do. While I flinched and fusseled awkwardly a little man jumped out from a hedge claiming to be a protector of a crock of re700's (aka: a lottle bollox of a leprechaun) and then he.... then he.....
Ah crap I think I just woke up then with an re700 in my hands. Ah well pity I cant remember the rest. But did I tell you I got an re700 for free. This normal stuff happens every time I come home from the pub, honest, cross my heart and all that craic ;)

HML48 said:
Got mine from Dave's today. Ordered Sunday night. Great service. No instructions in the package.

Been flying with it for the last couple of days. I would have reported back sooner but I'm having too much fun.

Caught a lucky break tonight. Showed my son the RTH function. Took control at about 50 feet and brought it to a good landing area at about 4 feet. Too low to grab. But I couldn't gain the 2 feet of elevation I needed for an overhead grab. So I landed it. Seems my battery was down to 4%. This was unexpected. The battery had been fully charged and flight time was only about 10 minutes. Is power use dramatically higher in "windy" conditions? Did the RTH message override the other warnings?

Harry

Been flying with it for the last couple of days. I would have reported back sooner but I'm having too much fun.

Caught a lucky break tonight. Showed my son the RTH function. Took control at about 50 feet and brought it to a good landing area at about 4 feet. Too low to grab. But I couldn't gain the 2 feet of elevation I needed for an overhead grab. So I landed it. Seems my battery was down to 4%. This was unexpected. The battery had been fully charged and flight time was only about 10 minutes. Is power use dramatically higher in "windy" conditions? Did the RTH message override the other warnings?

Harry

A good rule of thumb, is the 30% warning... You should be headed home as soon as you get the first warning. (I try and not be more than a 100 feet away at that point)

Continuing to fly at that point is not advisable, because battery power may not be sufficient to climb in altitude, should it be necessary to do so. Wind is another variable in that equation. And your Battery may deplete much faster with less charge remaining.

I also clean my battery data pins and contacts with DeOxit about every 5 or so flights.
As they have been proven to be the cause of battery failures and crashes.

The Rookie

RCRookie said:
I also clean my battery data pins and contacts with DeOxit about every 5 or so flights.
As they have been proven to be the cause of battery failures and crashes.

"Proven" is a bit of an overstatement. There is no proof. It's simply a very sensible theory.

Just tested and it WORKS!

Got to the outer range of my controller and still solid FPV. Worth the money IMO.

Using a P2V with no other mods.

SO Im wondering it the 1887feet ( 575m) im getting on the re700 before it drops the connection is good or not? I see lots of others saying they can get out far enough that they lose there control signal and go in to RTH and still not loseing signal. and also seen some others saying the new software and app released the other day cut there range down on there FRV. So i'm wondering if that could be why I am only getting 575m ???? has any one elses range on the re700 drop after the new up date? and if so have you tried going back to the eairlyer vershion and if so did the range on the FPV go back up?

I havent tried anything long range since the new upgrade but will try tomorrow and let you know.

i must be the only one not seeing any difference

i get to about the same range as the re500

the video gets real choppy and laggy and then it breaks connection

any suggestions why this might be?

Not the only one. i may be getting an extra 100 or 200 foot range at the most out of mine. Going to do an antenna mod soon to get dependable distance.

I think the apocalypse has started here with the amount of rain thats fallen. Been too busy building my ark to fly

I was reading this post from beginning been very enthusiastic about ordering an RE700 for my new P2V, but there seems to be problems lately with the new updates. I am up to date so now I'm not sure it will kick my 900 feet range to a more robust one.

Hi. Does any one with the latest firmware update can confirm the FPV compatibility and gain of the RE700 with our P2V? I'm willing to order one, but I'm not sure if it will give me the very usable gain in FPV with latest firmware. Thanks again.

Rain has stopped here but the winds are crazy so still cant do a long range test. I'll do one on my next flight when I get the chance

just took mine out again for some more testing and figured Id try and see if flying it sideways using CL to keep the camrea so that one side was facing me as I flew it out and also flew a bit higher then on my other range tests on the RE700 and was expecting to get as good or better then the 1880 feet I was getting the other day and actually getting a lot less today it would just barely crack 800 to 900 feet or so and then it would lose connection. Which has me puzzled as to why it would be less range with the cameras antennas facing me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20