Vision + wifi extender

Reaction score
Any trouble changing the vision extender to the vision + extender? Anyone changed their range extender?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261476259767
Going to give this a try for better range and less antennas to pack around.

Hey, if this gives me even 500 meters of wifi that would be more than double. And super easy, too. Just rebind and fly! I'll post my flytrex record as soon as the wind cooperates.

Just did it yesterday, it binded in seconds, no problems at all. I only tested it today with my new taco supreme gimbal which im very impressed with. Didnt get to test long range but I noticed fpv dropout when the pv2 had its left side to me but I'd say thats down to the camera holder on the gimbal covering that side, once I did a 180 fpv came back. I'll swap back over to the stock camera holder tomorrow ( I wont call it a gimbal ;) ) to run some range tests but I always got fantastic fpv range on my stock pv2 re500 extender of up to 750m. It will be interesting to see the results. Will post back tomorrow evening

Hi Mal,
Same thing I noticed with the de gimbal. I'm doing the camera antennae mod to help that, thanks for the reply!
Jay

No problem doubling my previous range, and solid hd wifi. :D

MAX ALTITUDE 3015 FEET
MAX ASCENT 157 FEET
MAX SPEED 14.69 MPH
AVG SPEED 2.73 MPH
MAX DISTANCE 690 FEET
TRAVEL 2513 FEET
DURATION 10:27 MINS

MAX ALTITUDE 3409 FEET
MAX ASCENT 553 FEET
MAX SPEED 17.24 MPH
AVG SPEED 1.82 MPH
MAX DISTANCE 494 FEET
TRAVEL 2466 FEET
DURATION 15:26 MINS

I will eventually find the outer limits. :D

Ok so my results are in from a day of testing. Disregard what I said about losing fpv this thing is incredible! Ive always known I have a freak of a pv2 for control range because ive flown it up to 1.1km away a few times before rth kicks in but the most fpv I would get was 680m and by the time I got to that distance fpv would break up and come back as it was getting further away. With this little beauty I got 975m with perfect fpv, not a single stutter and then just lost complete fpv. 2nd 3rd and 4th flights were the exact same quality with distances of 996m 971m and 983m.
I have no mods made to either my pv2 or tx. Only difference is using the re700.
Needless to say I'm a very happy camper :D

Awesome! Glad it worked for you. I'm not sure what the difference is between the extenders, but I'll be watching the battery life.

This is on my 'to buy' list. Thanks!!

IIRC didnt DJI say this wouldnt work with the Vision??

It is an improvement over the stated 300m range of the RE500 for the Vision. DJI should make it their business to see that this RE700 is the "OFFICIAL REPLACMENT" part for the Vision as well as the Vision Plus.

Why does this company continue to ignore their customers and attempt to prevent people from improving their products. It makes no business sense.

I asked if anyone had tried this mod, since I was having wifi drop 100-150 meters out. I thought that just changing the extender would be easier than adding a bunch of antennas which wouldn't fit in my case. I couldn't be happier with the re700 extender on my p2v. Looks like Mal gained an incredible 250 meters with only this mod. :D

Yep, got out to 1083m today in a clear open space ove a golf course. Tried it over a marina then and could only get just over 500m but it would be a high interference area with a coastguard/lifeboat station there never mind the police station and a few hundred yachts and fishing trawlers.

Are you speaking in feet or meters ?

The "claim" is the RE700 officially is only for the "Vision Plus" it almost doubles the wifi range compared to Vision.
However, DJI ...SO FAR, has not approved this as a compatible Range Extender for the Vision, (although they should make it so).
So your question can't be answered as official, but only by posters in this forum. (Caveat Emptor).....as this is not for your model.

I get similar performance as you I can only get about 900 - 1000 feet out before I loose wifi video. I intend to purchase this RE700, but I won't buy it from ebay.
So I will wait till I see it advertised at my vendor or a vendor of notable reputation.

This choice is yours to make, with the caveat that, there is "no one" to make a guarantee on anything.
Its a gamble........nothing may change. Or it may improve, or double!

RCRookie said:
Are you speaking in feet or meters ?

The "claim" is the RE700 officially is only for the "Vision Plus" it almost doubles the wifi range compared to Vision.
However, DJI ...SO FAR, has not approved this as a compatible Range Extender for the Vision, (although they should make it so).
So your question can't be answered as official, but only by posters in this forum. (Caveat Emptor).....as this is not for your model.

I get similar performance as you I can only get about 900 - 1000 feet out before I loose wifi video. I intend to purchase this RE700, but I won't buy it from ebay.
So I will wait till I see it advertised at my vendor or a vendor of notable reputation.

This choice is yours to make, with the caveat that, there is "no one" to make a guarantee on anything.
Its a gamble........nothing may change. Or it may improve, or double!

It's good to know it works well. And in theory there's no reason why it shouldn't. If I can use a 3rd party off the shelf wifi range extender with my vision (which I have) then there's no reason why they're newer range extender wouldn't work even though it doesn't "officially" work with it. I was thinking about swapping mine out as one of the ports on my extender doesn't work very well so if I'm going to replace it may as well get the improved version. Of course I'll be modding it to use my better antennas on it.

Please help with an explanation. The wifi extender is for video feed only....correct? That means, the distance of flying the Phantom Vision does not improve over the 1200 foot or so away from transmitter......only video feed signal unless you are doing something else with the transmitter signal also? Am I missing something?

Thanks. Yes, at 1000 foot, I lost control and Return Home kicked in. About the same time, I lost video. That was just today and would also like more distance on video and transmitter range.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl