Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

Re: Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware Demo & help neede

Brettly said:
juangelb said:
Hi Brettly,
I did this sequence :
Flight Logger Usage:
1. Power on both Phantom 2 Vision+ aircraft and range extender.
2. Connect your device to DJI Phantom Vision+ Wi-Fi network.
3. Open Vision+ Utility app, slide the Enable Logger switch to turn on the logger.
4. Open DJI Offical Vision app, and go to CAMERA mode.
5. Your flight details will be recorded to your device local VisionPlusUtility directory.
Put all to work including recording in camera before take-off, flyed for 12 minutes at both times i tested.
Then went home, connected galaxy s4 tu PC usb, went to the VisionPlusUtility directory ... nothing there.

I was wondering if it is needed something else for this to work ... something else im Phantom maybe ?

In google play application page stats :
How it works:

After you enable logger, there is a separate server program running on your phantom to monitor the serial port that is used by the DJI official app. This server side program sends the flight info to our app and then our app records the info to a log file. It does not change any phantom related config files and there is no impact on your phantom and the DJI official app operation.

Thanks in advance : Juan

hm..ok..did you goto setting in the Vision+ Utility app and turn "connect vision+" to ON? (Also where you can transmit power for the extender & camera)

thatd prob be #4 in your list

Outside of that I have no clue..im using Nexus v2 and its location there is /storage/emulated/0/VisionPlusUtility
Yes, i did "connect vision+" to ON, even when it is not possible to set Tx power without doing so.

We recommend that you install the file explorer app (eg. EZ file explorer). it is free and you could browse the file while flying FPV.

juangelb said:
Brettly said:
juangelb said:
Hi Brettly,
I did this sequence :
Flight Logger Usage:
1. Power on both Phantom 2 Vision+ aircraft and range extender.
2. Connect your device to DJI Phantom Vision+ Wi-Fi network.
3. Open Vision+ Utility app, slide the Enable Logger switch to turn on the logger.
4. Open DJI Offical Vision app, and go to CAMERA mode.
5. Your flight details will be recorded to your device local VisionPlusUtility directory.
Put all to work including recording in camera before take-off, flyed for 12 minutes at both times i tested.
Then went home, connected galaxy s4 tu PC usb, went to the VisionPlusUtility directory ... nothing there.

I was wondering if it is needed something else for this to work ... something else im Phantom maybe ?

In google play application page stats :
How it works:

After you enable logger, there is a separate server program running on your phantom to monitor the serial port that is used by the DJI official app. This server side program sends the flight info to our app and then our app records the info to a log file. It does not change any phantom related config files and there is no impact on your phantom and the DJI official app operation.

hm..ok..did you goto setting in the Vision+ Utility app and turn "connect vision+" to ON? (Also where you can transmit power for the extender & camera)

thatd prob be #4 in your list

Outside of that I have no clue..im using Nexus v2 and its location there is /storage/emulated/0/VisionPlusUtility
Yes, i did "connect vision+" to ON, even when it is not possible to set Tx power without doing so.

Would love for the logging to work but unfortunately for me trying it several times with the instructions on the app page in the store I only got empty files or a file with one line in it.
So do anyone actually have this working?

-Tomas

Did you switch to camera mode after you launch the DJI Vision app? You have any chance to test it on other device.

tomas99 said:
Would love for the logging to work but unfortunately for me trying it several times with the instructions on the app page in the store I only got empty files or a file with one line in it.
So do anyone actually have this working?

-Tomas

Same problem but I have Pv2

I have tried the Vision Utility Pro again and I get a csv file after every flight but it seems to not log any data ?
All I get in the csv file is the Headers and not GPS data logged into it. Any clues ?
I am running ver. 2.0 firmware and Vision app ver. 1.38 on a Sony Xperia Z2 mobilephone
this is all I can see in the csv file
latitude,longitude,altitude(feet),ascent(feet),speed(mph),distance(feet),time(millisecond),gps,motor on

It does´nt log any data whatsooever , Time to buy a Flytrex instead

please email us more about your setup. we are willing to help and will forward your question to our development team.

AndySwe said:

I have tried the Vision Utility Pro again and I get a csv file after every flight but it seems to not log any data ?
All I get in the csv file is the Headers and not GPS data logged into it. Any clues ?
I am running ver. 2.0 firmware and Vision app ver. 1.38 on a Sony Xperia Z2 mobilephone
latitude,longitude,altitude(feet),ascent(feet),speed(mph),distance(feet),time(millisecond),gps,motor on

AndySwe said:

...and same here...I was so optimistic that my app will work, but...only the header in .csv file, blank for the rest.
My config: latest firmware for P2Vision, latest app version Vision app, Samsung Note2 as platform.
Followed the instructions step by step ( switch on RC, P2Vision, camera, extender, wifi connection to my phone, when successful starting logger/enable, waiting for the message from logger,
then starting Vision app and selecting "camera")...
hmmm...I have just watching your example video of the iOS version...the logger app must be enabled...maybe this is the problem? When do i have to disable the logger?
At very first after flight before switching off the Vision app and disconnect from wifi?

thanks in advance

Lem

ocatcr said:
please email us more about your setup. we are willing to help and will forward your question to our development team.
Well, you seam to read here so ;)
Nexus 7" v2, Kitkat 4.4.4
P2V+ with the v3.04 "kit"

-Tomas

ocatcr said:
I think only these fields latitude, longitude, altitude(feet), ascent(feet), speed(mph), distance(feet), time(milliseconds)
are used. Dashware ignores the columns order and you need to make sure the columns mentioned should be included in the csv file while importing it to Dashware. I will work on it more tomorrow.

flyNfrank said:
ocatcr, I hope you can get someone to finish this part of using your logger out. I believe you need someone to setup the logger profile to use with the dashware software. I personally have been learning as I go, but things should not be like this when you have a fee attached to your app.

I know my way around dashware, somewhat. But I'm no pro with it yet.

While working on this I noticed these current differences in ocatcr logger and flytrex logger.

ocatcr logger logs this list based on my settings on my dji app:
latitude, longitude, altitude(feet), ascent(feet), speed(mph), distance(feet), time(milliseconds), gps, power, pitch, roll, yaw, motor on.

Flytrex logs this list on all phantoms:
latitude, longitude, altitude(feet), ascent(feet), speed(mph), distance(feet), max_altitude, max_ascent, max_speed, max_distance, time (milliseconds), date time, satellites, pressure(pa), tempature(f).

So basically, ocatcr's logger needs a profile created on the dashware that pulls the data based on the list above. It then needs to be named, and then distributed to those using his logger with dashware, and we then add to the list of loggers that already appear in the dashware software. I haven't gotten to the 100% how-to-do-it yet part.

ocatcr, wat up bro?

OCATCR,

Have you spent anytime at all getting a Logger Profile created so the logger data will finally work using Dashware? What good is your logger if it's useless? The only current logger profile that partially works is the Flytrex Logger Profile. But as I say "Only Partially". It Does Not match the video. I fly 15 minutes and there is maybe 5 minutes of Log Data.

OCATCR, Can you not post a link to something we can use with your logger on dashware?

do you have a chance to upgrade your phantom and app to the latest version?

AndySwe said:

We test it on iOS DJI Vision app v1.0.45. camera 1.2.5g, and naza-m 3.06. you should turn off the logger before powering off your phantom / disconnecting from wifi.

kikkilokko said:
...and same here...I was so optimistic that my app will work, but...only the header in .csv file, blank for the rest.
My config: latest firmware for P2Vision, latest app version Vision app, Samsung Note2 as platform.
Followed the instructions step by step ( switch on RC, P2Vision, camera, extender, wifi connection to my phone, when successful starting logger/enable, waiting for the message from logger,
then starting Vision app and selecting "camera")...
hmmm...I have just watching your example video of the iOS version...the logger app must be enabled...maybe this is the problem? When do i have to disable the logger?
At very first after flight before switching off the Vision app and disconnect from wifi?

thanks in advance

Lem

Attachments

• 2014-08-21 11.06.08.jpg
    2014-08-21 11.06.08.jpg
    595.6 KB · Views: 514

We test our app on android DJI Vision app v1.0.5. camera 1.2.5g, and naza-m 3.06. our app monitors the communication between the DJI Vision app and the phantom drone. so you should launch the DJI Vision app and go to CAMERA mode after turning on the logger.

tomas99 said:
ocatcr said:

-Tomas

Attachments

• 2014-08-21 03.15.23.png
    2014-08-21 03.15.23.png
    314.8 KB · Views: 527

The csv file can be imported to Dashware without any modification. we think including these fields

latitude, longitude, altitude(feet), ascent(feet), speed(mph), distance(feet), time(milliseconds) are good enough for you to import the csv to Dashware while choosing Flytrex as Data Profile.

you could take a look at these two tutorial for syncing the video and log file:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoicZxUb10U[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4_zU_FwRsI[/youtube]

flyNfrank said:
OCATCR,

Have you spent anytime at all getting a Logger Profile created so the logger data will finally work using Dashware? What good is your logger if it's useless? The only current logger profile that partially works is the Flytrex Logger Profile. But as I say "Only Partially". It Does Not match the video. I fly 15 minutes and there is maybe 5 minutes of Log Data.

OCATCR, Can you not post a link to something we can use with your logger on dashware?

LONGEST FLIGHT EVER USING UTILITY PRO

Can't say enough about my "go to" app when I need to get deep downrange signal strength...

Vision + Utility Pro and itElite antennas FTW!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZF7hdorJY[/youtube]

Flytrex.com "Phantom 2 Vision + Scoreboard"
Screenshot_2014-08-20-07-36-13_zps1c7ldjz0.png

Flytrex.com Multicopter "Overall Scoreboard"
Screenshot_2014-08-20-07-39-46_zpsmnohdxre.png

Hi people,

I did some testing with Vision+ Utility with PV2+ resting over a desk on my house.
Obviously it did not cath GPS signals, but moving it by hand to ground, then moving it up and down by hand... the logger worked fine and wrote several lines in log file.

Happy with the result i went out to a park... flyed PV2+ for 12 minutes then got back at home and noticed that the log file was only 1K size and nothing else than the headers inside.

The procedure I did in both testing was exacltly the same, but when at outdor i had 2 or 3 disconnectios ... so i think this could be the reason for not gettind the so wanted log data.

Planning do more testing on saturday with PV2+ flying very near avoiding any disconnections and see what will happen with the log file.

Best regards : Juan

ocatcr said:
We test our app on android DJI Vision app v1.0.5. camera 1.2.5g, and naza-m 3.06. our app monitors the communication between the DJI Vision app and the phantom drone. so you should launch the DJI Vision app and go to CAMERA mode after turning on the logger.

tomas99 said:
ocatcr said:

-Tomas
So it does only work with 3.06 then and not previous version/versions?

-Tomas

OK, I just got the iPhone app and look forward to trying it.

However, is there documentation? I've read up the logging feature so I understand that pretty well.

What guidance is there regarding the Transmit Power settings and the Security setting?

ocatcr said:
The csv file can be imported to Dashware without any modification. we think including these fields

latitude, longitude, altitude(feet), ascent(feet), speed(mph), distance(feet), time(milliseconds) are good enough for you to import the csv to Dashware while choosing Flytrex as Data Profile.

you could take a look at these two tutorial for syncing the video and log file:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoicZxUb10U[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4_zU_FwRsI[/youtube]

flyNfrank said:
OCATCR,

OCATCR, you are not following me bruh. I'm asking you to put together a logger file that we can use. I know all about those videos, and have watched them several times. Have you not noticed that nobody has shown a video using the Dashware software, using your Utility Flight Logger App? Not only that, but the app does Not record the full flight. I have flown without losing a connection or signal, and it still does not record the entire flight. It may get kicked out when I force RTH, cause that is the only thing out of a full flight that I command on my own. I always use that option (RTH) (it's Failsafe in naza mode) for my return flight, and that frees me up to run the camera tilt to enhance the video shot.

Regardless, I'm asking that you support those of us that have paid for the app, and you put together a useable logger profile to use with the Dashware software. Are you able to do this?

flyNfrank said:
OCATCR,
OCATCR, you are not following me bruh. I'm asking you to put together a logger file that we can use. I know all about those videos, and have watched them several times. Have you not noticed that nobody has shown a video using the Dashware software, using your Utility Flight Logger App? Not only that, but the app does Not record the full flight. I have flown without losing a connection or signal, and it still does not record the entire flight. It may get kicked out when I force RTH, cause that is the only thing out of a full flight that I command on my own. I always use that option (RTH) (it's Failsafe in naza mode) for my return flight, and that frees me up to run the camera tilt to enhance the video shot.

Regardless, I'm asking that you support those of us that have paid for the app, and you put together a useable logger profile to use with the Dashware software. Are you able to do this?

I've been using tha app and it works without any issues .
Here a video - (the google earth part I had to convert the csv file. The Dashware just used flytrex profile.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eC9AcY ... e=youtu.be

If you post a link to your csv file I could try it out in Dashware?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl