Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

Re: Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware Demo & help neede

DBS said:
Shout out to RC Taco in my video posted below... Used the boost feature at full 100mw and enabled data logging ... The VisionPlusUtility directory was created and .csv file exists with data matching that of my Flytrex .csv file...

ocatcr...
Check the video at the 1:30 mark for the shout out to Vision Plus Utility Pro....

Love the app... experimenting with the data log file tomorrow so I can ditch this stupid flytrex and get it off my Phantom... extra wires and hardware ain't my thing and I'd rather not be using it at all when yours is a simple button press...

Keep up the good work sir.

Does the vision+ utility capture gps co-ordinates as well?

does anybody know why the android DJI app goes to N/A after 3,000 or so feet? I rarely use my nexus 7 to fly and I forgot that it does this. has this been fixed with the latest version of the DJI app?

quality control said:

Yes... latitude and longitude...

Screenshot of first lines of capture in .csv file...

Screenshot_2014-08-08-21-13-01_zpsytwyulkf.png

DBS said:
quality control said:

Yes... latitude and longitude...

Screenshot of first lines of capture in .csv file...

Screenshot_2014-08-08-21-13-01_zpsytwyulkf.png

Nice so with that app, we can basically record the exact same data as a flytrex. I am stoked to buy dashware now.

Only other thing I would like to see is battery data... dashware has gauges for that as well and would be a welcome addition to my videos... Flytrex doesn't seem to be responsive about adding anything to deal with that.

Is this release to the App Store with data logging or did I miss the point?

Just purchased this app and will do some testing tomoz. Does the actual flight logger appear on-screen while flying in FPV? ie speed/lat/long/apt/ etc as does appear in the video. Sry very new to all this. Got to 275m height today( had 10+ SATs) and got "control signal lost" RTH. Was on a soccer field and doing prac runs.

Brettly said:
Just purchased this app and will do some testing tomoz. Does the actual flight logger appear on-screen while flying in FPV? ie speed/lat/long/apt/ etc as does appear in the video. Sry very new to all this. Got to 275m height today( had 10+ SATs) and got "control signal lost" RTH. Was on a soccer field and doing prac runs.

Nothing appears on video... look up at the top of this page and there is a Screenshot of what you get... it's just data... then you have to take your video that was recorded during flight and combine it with the data file using Dashware video editor... it is not a simple process ... it takes time ... and dashware is a bummer if you are on an old computer.

DBS said:
Nothing appears on video... look up at the top of this page and there is a Screenshot of what you get... it's just data... then you have to take your video that was recorded during flight and combine it with the data file using Dashware video editor... it is not a simple process ... it takes time ... and dashware is a bummer if you are on an old computer.

Thanx for that mate. I did manage to work it out 10mins after I posted that comment. Fired the utility up and went through the connecting procedure. With nexus 7 it is logging the .csv file so that's a positive.
Just need to buy the dashware software.

Well I tried to capture data from another GPS logger but I forgot to turn on my GPS so it did not capture speed. If you decide to use another logger (GPSLogger from dash ware site) turn on your GPS on your phone or tablet to ensure you get speed and location data as well.

Why do you need the phone/tablet GPS on? I thought the data was coming from the Phantom, not the phone(?)

yes. battery level, IMU yaw, pitch, roll rotation are logged in the latest 3.1 android version.

cahutch said:
ocatcr said:
The header line is as

latitude longitude altitude(feet) ascent(feet) speed(mph) distance(feet) time(millisecond) gps motor on

attached is the log file for the above video.

Thank You.
I'm looking forward to the update.

Could you also log battery voltage or percentage?
Could you access any other information from the data stream?

battery level is added in the latest version.

DBS said:
Only other thing I would like to see is battery data... dashware has gauges for that as well and would be a welcome addition to my videos... Flytrex doesn't seem to be responsive about adding anything to deal with that.

ocatcr said:
battery level is added in the latest version.

DBS said:

Awesome... This will be a big plus for analyzing flight characteristics after any long mission... much easier to learn where things are working correctly (or going wrong) in post flight analysis than trying to remember these details... great update... thankyou sir!!

Is it possible to modify the Vision+ util to work with custom root passwords ?
I secured the communication between Range extender and Phantom and also changed the root password (i thought i'd put it back before updating...) but now i cannot connect to the vision+ ? After changing the rootpassword back to the original one using SSH on my tablet i was able to use the utility again.

Is this possible to built in ? I suspect more and more people will try to protect their 1300 dollar investment ?

Message for ocatcr

Tried to use the data file to make a dashware sample tonight.... I get this error

**I renamed the data file to match my video file... just helps me find the ones I'm trying to use together for a video edit**

20140813_204157_zpso8s4mrcr.jpg

Choosing Flytrex as the data profile should work fine.

DBS said:
Message for ocatcr

Tried to use the data file to make a dashware sample tonight.... I get this error

**I renamed the data file to match my video file... just helps me find the ones I'm trying to use together for a video edit**

20140813_204157_zpso8s4mrcr.jpg

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 471

ocatcr said:
Choosing Flytrex as the data profile should work fine.

I tried Flytrex profile.. then after syncing video ..distance and speed seem all out of wack?

I could be doing something wrong.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj