Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

Re: Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware Demo & help neede

I'll have to mess with it more later also... got the data in there... (my stupidity for not choosing flytrex in the first place)

Now need to build some custom gauges for what I want to see in HUD...

But... wife's gonna get salty if I stay up all night with the computer so I'll work on it more tomorrow...

Thanks ocatcr... cool stuff where we can create our own style for a youtube upload :ugeek:

you could take a look at these two tutorial for syncing the video and log file:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoicZxUb10U[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4_zU_FwRsI[/youtube]

Brettly said:
ocatcr said:
Choosing Flytrex as the data profile should work fine.

I tried Flytrex profile.. then after syncing video ..distance and speed seem all out of wack?

I could be doing something wrong.

Yo, just a heads up....went to open my Vision Utility + this morning and it was gone! Poof! Google store did not show I owned it so I went ahead and repurchased it for the cause but you may have complaints coming your way from others....just an FYI....

we are working on iOS version. hopefully we will get Apple approval next week.

glennaxl said:
Any progress for the iOS version?

Just another heads up... on the last update we lost auto screen rotation... app only opens in portrait mode on my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 ... not a major issue at all but we all fly in landscape so it helps not to have to twist my whole rig trying to see the text... thankyou sir

ocatcr, I hope you can get someone to finish this part of using your logger out. I believe you need someone to setup the logger profile to use with the dashware software. I personally have been learning as I go, but things should not be like this when you have a fee attached to your app.

I know my way around dashware, somewhat. But I'm no pro with it yet.

While working on this I noticed these current differences in ocatcr logger and flytrex logger.

ocatcr logger logs this list based on my settings on my dji app:
latitude, longitude, altitude(feet), ascent(feet), speed(mph), distance(feet), time(milliseconds), gps, power, pitch, roll, yaw, motor on.

Flytrex logs this list on all phantoms:
latitude, longitude, altitude(feet), ascent(feet), speed(mph), distance(feet), max_altitude, max_ascent, max_speed, max_distance, time (milliseconds), date time, satellites, pressure(pa), tempature(f).

So basically, ocatcr's logger needs a profile created on the dashware that pulls the data based on the list above. It then needs to be named, and then distributed to those using his logger with dashware, and we then add to the list of loggers that already appear in the dashware software. I haven't gotten to the 100% how-to-do-it yet part.

ocatcr, wat up bro?

thanks for your support. we will fix it in next release.

DBS said:
Just another heads up... on the last update we lost auto screen rotation... app only opens in portrait mode on my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 ... not a major issue at all but we all fly in landscape so it helps not to have to twist my whole rig trying to see the text... thankyou sir

I think only these fields latitude, longitude, altitude(feet), ascent(feet), speed(mph), distance(feet), time(milliseconds)
are used. Dashware ignores the columns order and you need to make sure the columns mentioned should be included in the csv file while importing it to Dashware. I will work on it more tomorrow.

flyNfrank said:
ocatcr, I hope you can get someone to finish this part of using your logger out. I believe you need someone to setup the logger profile to use with the dashware software. I personally have been learning as I go, but things should not be like this when you have a fee attached to your app.

I know my way around dashware, somewhat. But I'm no pro with it yet.

While working on this I noticed these current differences in ocatcr logger and flytrex logger.

ocatcr logger logs this list based on my settings on my dji app:
latitude, longitude, altitude(feet), ascent(feet), speed(mph), distance(feet), time(milliseconds), gps, power, pitch, roll, yaw, motor on.

Flytrex logs this list on all phantoms:
latitude, longitude, altitude(feet), ascent(feet), speed(mph), distance(feet), max_altitude, max_ascent, max_speed, max_distance, time (milliseconds), date time, satellites, pressure(pa), tempature(f).

So basically, ocatcr's logger needs a profile created on the dashware that pulls the data based on the list above. It then needs to be named, and then distributed to those using his logger with dashware, and we then add to the list of loggers that already appear in the dashware software. I haven't gotten to the 100% how-to-do-it yet part.

ocatcr, wat up bro?

is there chance to build a custom artificial horizon / heading indicator Gauge for Dashware?

DBS said:
I'll have to mess with it more later also... got the data in there... (my stupidity for not choosing flytrex in the first place)

Now need to build some custom gauges for what I want to see in HUD...

But... wife's gonna get salty if I stay up all night with the computer so I'll work on it more tomorrow...

Thanks ocatcr... cool stuff where we can create our own style for a youtube upload :ugeek:

changing the root password is not recommended. as we know, there are at least two features of DJI Vision app are using ssh. we think enabling the encryption is good enough to protect your phantom.

hobbybob said:
Is it possible to modify the Vision+ util to work with custom root passwords ?
I secured the communication between Range extender and Phantom and also changed the root password (i thought i'd put it back before updating...) but now i cannot connect to the vision+ ? After changing the rootpassword back to the original one using SSH on my tablet i was able to use the utility again.

Is this possible to built in ? I suspect more and more people will try to protect their 1300 dollar investment ?

For the iOS user, in order to preserve the battery life, iOS keeps the background execution time to a minimum. There is a 5 minutes logging time limit and local notification reminder will alert you to stop / continue the logger. Also, please make sure there is strong wifi connection and high battery level before enabling the logger.

ocatcr said:
As our study at viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19777&start=20#p182559, we are planning to add a flight logger feature to our android / iOS apps "Vision+ Utility". we need your help on defining the output data file format. any advice and suggestions will be appreciated.

we would like to share the flight logger demo to you. the flight logger continuously record the flight info(eg. GPS latitude longitude altitude, speed, battery level, IMU data...) from the term port of the transmitter to your andrdoid / iOS device. The csv log file can also be read by the Dashware software.

Vision+ Utility features a flight logger to record flight details as you fly (eg. GPS latitude longitude altitude, speed, battery level, IMU data). Log file can be directly imported to the Dashware Software.

Flight Logger Usage:
1. Power on both Phantom 2 Vision+ aircraft and range extender.
2. Connect your device to DJI Phantom Vision+ Wi-Fi network.
3. Open Vision+ Utility app, slide the Enable Logger switch to turn on the logger.
4. Open DJI Offical Vision app, and go to CAMERA mode.
5. Your flight details will be recorded to your device local VisionPlusUtility directory.

How it works:
After you enable logger, there is a separate server program running on your phantom to monitor the serial port that is used by the DJI official app. This server side program sends the flight info to our app and then our app records the info to a log file. It does not change any phantom related config files and there is no impact on your phantom and the DJI official app operation.

For the iOS version, in order to preserve the battery life, iOS keeps the background execution time to a minimum. There is a 5 minutes logging time limit and local notification reminder will alert you to stop / continue the logger. Also, please make sure there is strong wifi connection and high battery level before enabling the logger.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRW8Vq5TLgk[/youtube]

ocatcr said:
is there chance to build a custom artificial horizon / heading indicator Gauge for Dashware?

I'll see what I can come up with... Some sort of cockpit style HUD from a fighter jet would look cool right?

There's a heading gauge in the Dashware called Heading Tape...it's in my vid (top center) and working fine....

Hi people,

Installed Vision+ Utility in Sansung S4, did two flights performing the steps to start recording data but nothing in the VisionPlusUtility folder.
Connect Vision+ and both Transmit Power conf worked.
Did i mist something ?

TKS in advance : Juan

FYI...
iOS got the updated Vision+ Utility with Logging today. I just noticed my iPhone 5 auto updated. Looks like it was released yesterday.
Version 2.0, no "Pro" version and I didn't have to re-purchase
No sign of channel 7 enabler.

I'm about to go try out the logging feature and see how it works.

juangelb said:
Hi people,

Installed Vision+ Utility in Sansung S4, did two flights performing the steps to start recording data but nothing in the VisionPlusUtility folder.
Did i mist something ?

Did you turn on enable logger?. Did you turn WiFi on and connect phantom first?

Seems to work.
I got a CSV file and a RAW file. Not sure what I an do with the raw file, It looks like binary data. It won't import into Flytrex if I change the file extension.

The CSV file contains latitude, longitude, altitude(feet), ascent(feet), speed(mph), distance(feet), time(millisecond), gps satellites, motor on (0/1)
No data for heading or battery.
The time in milliseconds between data entries varies widely. Sometimes almost two seconds between entries but usually less than a half second.

Brettly said:
juangelb said:
Hi people,

Did i mist something ?

Did you turn on enable logger?. Did you turn WiFi on and connect phantom first?
Hi Brettly,
I did this sequence :
Flight Logger Usage:
3. Open Vision+ Utility app, slide the Enable Logger switch to turn on the logger.
5. Your flight details will be recorded to your device local VisionPlusUtility directory.
Put all to work including recording in camera before take-off, flyed for 12 minutes at both times i tested.
Then went home, connected galaxy s4 tu PC usb, went to the VisionPlusUtility directory ... nothing there.

I was wondering if it is needed something else for this to work ... something else im Phantom maybe ?

In google play application page stats :
How it works:

After you enable logger, there is a separate server program running on your phantom to monitor the serial port that is used by the DJI official app. This server side program sends the flight info to our app and then our app records the info to a log file. It does not change any phantom related config files and there is no impact on your phantom and the DJI official app operation.

Thanks in advance : Juan

juangelb said:
Hi Brettly,
I did this sequence :
Flight Logger Usage:
Put all to work including recording in camera before take-off, flyed for 12 minutes at both times i tested.
Then went home, connected galaxy s4 tu PC usb, went to the VisionPlusUtility directory ... nothing there.

I was wondering if it is needed something else for this to work ... something else im Phantom maybe ?

In google play application page stats :
How it works:

Thanks in advance : Juan

hm..ok..did you goto setting in the Vision+ Utility app and turn "connect vision+" to ON? (Also where you can transmit power for the extender & camera)

thatd prob be #4 in your list

Outside of that I have no clue..im using Nexus v2 and its location there is /storage/emulated/0/VisionPlusUtility

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers