Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

Are you saying you added the columns and all you had were "0". Or are you just speculating?

flyNfrank said:
Are you saying you added the columns and all you had were "0". Or are you just speculating?

We are sorry that our app is only able to monitor the DJI telemetry data stream. If there is no such fields

datetime(utc)
datetime(local)
pressure(Pa)
temperature(F)

in the data stream. we could only add a dummy columns with 0 value. If you have any good idea to get the realtime value of

datetime(utc)
datetime(local)
pressure(Pa)
temperature(F)

without adding extra hardware, please share it with us.

That info is there if you just add it. The Time comes from the device used, the Temp is read from the battery, and so on. Flytrex only copies what it ask to copy, and what is there to copy from the what you call data stream. Flytrex doesn't make up the data, or create it. Nor do they use a sensor or whatever else you must think there is involved. I dedicated a hell of a lot time for you and your app that you could have had a little gratitude instead of telling stories. The same type of thing took place with pvflyer story telling. LOL! Might explain why you want to be so secret and not give your name.

You do realize I have had to go out of the norm with you to make change or add something and each time you were wrong.

flyNfrank said:
That info is there if you just add it. The Time comes from the device used, the Temp is read from the battery, and so on. Flytrex only copies what it ask to copy, and what is there to copy from the what you call data stream. Flytrex doesn't make up the data, or create it. Nor do they use a sensor or whatever else you must think there is involved. I dedicated a hell of a lot time for you and your app that you could have had a little gratitude instead of telling stories. The same type of thing took place with pvflyer story telling. LOL! Might explain why you want to be so secret and not give your name.

You do realize I have had to go out of the norm with you to make change or add something and each time you were wrong.

First, we appreciate all your help.

Could you clarify what the device(eg. the camera AP) used to have the time. How do you get the the temperature from the battery? As we know, flytrex has a pressure sensor on board.

We did not make up any stories. The truth is that the data stream DJI controller passed to Phantom camera AP is all recorded to the log file. Based on our finding, there is no such fields:

datetime(utc)
datetime(local)
pressure(Pa)
temperature(F)

you mentioned in the data stream.

Could you decode the data stream to tell us which portion are

datetime(utc)
datetime(local)
pressure(Pa)
temperature(F)

byte by byte?

Our contact info is in our app page: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lusutility

No secret is hidden.

flyNfrank said:

Please decode the data stream Phantom controller passed to Phantom camera AP byte by byte and define how DJI formats the packet.

flyNfrank said:

If you are interested in what we are doing, you could take a look at our Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

viewtopic.php?t=10651

flyNfrank said:

You could also find our name at the apple app store page: https://itunes.apple.com/hk/app/vision+ ... 18291?mt=8

All info is open to public.

flyNfrank said:

please take a look at this picture:

manual_core_screencap_flytrex_core_2_barometer_mounting.png

Flytrex Core does have a pressure sensor on board. If we make up a story, please correct us.

flyNfrank said:

Could you tell us what Flytrex product you are using?

Please read section 6 of the Flytrex Core 2 User Manual http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex-core-2/manual/:

Flytrex does say that

6. Flytrex Core Mounting

Although Flytrex Core 2 can be mounted anywhere on the aircraft, for optimal altitude and temperature reading we suggest paying attention to the placement of the barometer component.

The barometer component can be located easily - it is placed on the other side of the microSD and it is the only component with a small hole in it. Check out the included picture with marking the barometer, just to be sure.

This small barometer hole needs to be mounted in such a way that prevent direct sun-light from entering it, yet remain open to air flow. This can be very little air and just shouldn't be completely sealed.

Our suggested mounting is to place double-sided 3M or velcro on the other side from the microSD, where the barometer is placed, but without covering the barometer itself. Then, attach it to the multirotor frame so that the barometer is pointing the frame, yet there is a small gap due to the thickness of the 3M/velcro.

Having the barometer pointing to the frame will prevent direct sunlight from entering it, yet the small 3M/velcro gap will allow good air flow to enter. Such mounting will yield optimal altitude and temperature reading

If we are wrong, please correct us.

Hi Ocatcr - I would like to thank you again for creating this logging app- works better than I ever expected :)
Also thanks to flyNFrank for the time he took to help out.

For my understanding when you state;
ocatcr said:
The truth is that the data stream DJI controller passed to Phantom camera AP is all recorded to the log file
Does that mean the full stream is recorded in the logged binary raw file saved in the flight logger app?
i.e. if there were dates, pressure etc. it would all be in there?

At one time you said you had the SNR ratio data that you could add as a column. Is it in your todo things or is it not feasible?

Any case thanks again for making this app :)

Luap said:
Hi Ocatcr - I would like to thank you again for creating this logging app- works better than I ever expected :)
Also thanks to flyNFrank for the time he took to help out.

For my understanding when you state;
ocatcr said:
The truth is that the data stream DJI controller passed to Phantom camera AP is all recorded to the log file
Does that mean the full stream is recorded in the logged binary raw file saved in the flight logger app?
i.e. if there were dates, pressure etc. it would all be in there?

At one time you said you had the SNR ratio data that you could add as a column. Is it in your todo things or is it not feasible?

Any case thanks again for making this app :)

Thanks for your support.

Yes all the necessary data is recorded in the raw file.

Based on our finding, there is no dates, pressure in the data stream sent from the phantom controller. If anyone know there is pressure / temperature sent from the phantom controller to the AP, please clearly define how DJI formats the packet and decode the data stream byte by byte and share it here.

Flytrex Core has a pressure sensor on board and that is the reason why they got the pressure/temperature logged.

please take a look at this picture:

manual_core_screencap_flytrex_core_2_barometer_mounting.png

Currently we are working on the iOS 8 version but without any progress. After that, we will add the SNR ratio data to next android release.

Since there are already threads devoted to Flytrex and it's use of Dashware, I'm asking that we keep that discussion out of this thread and stay on topic with the Vision + Utility Flight Logger.

mmn said:
Since there are already threads devoted to Flytrex and it's use of Dashware, I'm asking that we keep that discussion out of this thread and stay on topic with the Vision + Utility Flight Logger.

This is about the Utility flight logger and adding additional features to it (if they exist).

Luap said:
No nothing about bits and bytes but isn't the date explained in last post of this thread?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1995704

Hi, the one you mentioned is different from the one sent to the Camera AP. Please take a look at our finding at viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19777&start=20#p182559

We could confirm that the packet format is as

2 bytes sof
1 byte packet length
1 byte <-- sub cmd
2 bytes seq number
1 bytes cmd
- bytes data
1 bytes checksum

hexdump is as

0000000 bb55 0a09 1ce8 0025 553c 09bb e90a 651c
0000010 7d00 bb55 0a09 1cea 0049 5552 09bb eb0a
0000020 411c 5b00 bb55 0809 1ced 0044 555a 09bb

eg.
sof -> bb55
len -> 09
sub cmd -> 0a
seq # -> 1ce8
cmd -> 25
data -> 0
checksum -> 3c

total packet length = 9

Every time I try running the logger, it is turned off when i Go back to it after a flight, and most of the time there is an error msg stating that it stopped unexpectedly.... I am operating on a Samsung S3 Tab 7.... rooted????

Any help or advice would be appreciated... :D

ocatcr said:
Could you tell us what Flytrex product you are using?
Please read section 6 of the Flytrex Core 2 User Manual http://www.flytrex.com/support/flytrex-core-2/manual/:
Flytrex does say that
6. Flytrex Core Mounting
Although Flytrex Core 2 can be mounted anywhere on the aircraft, for optimal altitude and temperature reading we suggest paying attention to the placement of the barometer component.
The barometer component can be located easily - it is placed on the other side of the microSD and it is the only component with a small hole in it. Check out the included picture with marking the barometer, just to be sure.
This small barometer hole needs to be mounted in such a way that prevent direct sun-light from entering it, yet remain open to air flow. This can be very little air and just shouldn't be completely sealed.
Our suggested mounting is to place double-sided 3M or velcro on the other side from the microSD, where the barometer is placed, but without covering the barometer itself. Then, attach it to the multirotor frame so that the barometer is pointing the frame, yet there is a small gap due to the thickness of the 3M/velcro.
Having the barometer pointing to the frame will prevent direct sunlight from entering it, yet the small 3M/velcro gap will allow good air flow to enter. Such mounting will yield optimal altitude and temperature reading
If we are wrong, please correct us.

You are correct and I was wrong. Unfortunately you are also right about the data limit your app has, compared to the other. The data types I was asking for columns to be made was so they could be added into your apps logger profile. They were the columns flytrex has, that your app doesn't. This would have allowed the majority to use the stats from your apps csv file data with a great deal more gauges. But.....now as stated, it's not possible. It's a shame too cause I would think your setup would provide more accurate readings.

This app is becoming stagnant for android users. There use to be larger group interested in it until you broke away from it. Get back in the game.

RCF - DRONE said:
Every time I try running the logger, it is turned off when i Go back to it after a flight, and most of the time there is an error msg stating that it stopped unexpectedly.... I am operating on a Samsung S3 Tab 7.... rooted????

Any help or advice would be appreciated... :D

When I land I 1st stop recording video, Then right to the Utility Flight Logger and shut down both areas there, Then power down the quad, The Extender & Controller, And Then back to the DJI app and back all the way out, and lastly shut down my Nexus 7.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures