Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

Re: Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware Demo & help neede

mmn said:
ocatcr said:
We just updated our app that supports KML export for use in google earth and all erratic GPS info is now filtered properly. You are told that we are getting real closer to fix all the issues reported by our customers.
Could you post that KML file? I'd like to check it out.

attached is sample exported kml file.

Attachments

• vpu2014.09.06.14.31.48.rar
    39.9 KB · Views: 184

mmn said:
ocatcr said:
We just updated our app that supports KML export for use in google earth and all erratic GPS info is now filtered properly
I don't see an option to choose KML or CSV. Is KML now the only option? I believe DashWare only uses CSV.

Both CSV and KML file are generated after switching off the logger.

Great news on the update.
Now when are you going to implement the booster for the P2v non plus?

ocatcr said:
mmn said:
ocatcr said:
We just updated our app that supports KML export for use in google earth and all erratic GPS info is now filtered properly. You are told that we are getting real closer to fix all the issues reported by our customers.
Could you post that KML file? I'd like to check it out.

attached is sample exported kml file.

TO: "Ocatcr"

I'm using an iPad Mini with "Retina" display, with your Vision+ Utility v 2.0. Tried the logging function today for the first time on my P2V+.

I got the csv file with data which looks OK. However, the other file was labeled with a "raw" file extension which is not a Mac usable file as far as I can tell. Tried changing the extension to "rar" like one of the sample files you've uploaded, and extract it like I could do with your "rar" file to get the KML file, but the extracting program reported it wasn't the right format.

So -- do I need to wait for your revision to the iPhone app, or what is the correct file extension?

has anyone found an optimal camera power setting using the Vision+ utility app? I have been playing around with it and find with my equipment, 17dBm (50 mW) to be the optimal transmit power.

How would I know if I had the optimum setting for the camera?

npalen said:

im talking about distance reached using the different power outputs that the app has. I suspect that the highest power output (I think is 20dbm) creates a lot of noise and I get less range (around 10,000 ft).. at 17dmb I get around 13,800 ft before the wifi drops. just trying to get an idea of what other people are getting.

*warning..this video is long and boring..just showing the range wifi disconnect and reconnect*

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nXrM5ExdY0[/youtube]

Luap said:
Great news on the update.
Now when are you going to implement the booster for the P2v non plus?

It seems that the stock transmit power of the P2v is set to 20dbm (the max value). So...

Mac_Guy said:
TO: "Ocatcr"

I'm using an iPad Mini with "Retina" display, with your Vision+ Utility v 2.0. Tried the logging function today for the first time on my P2V+.

I got the csv file with data which looks OK. However, the other file was labeled with a "raw" file extension which is not a Mac usable file as far as I can tell. Tried changing the extension to "rar" like one of the sample files you've uploaded, and extract it like I could do with your "rar" file to get the KML file, but the extracting program reported it wasn't the right format.

So -- do I need to wait for your revision to the iPhone app, or what is the correct file extension?

Sorry that only android version supports the kml export. the raw file is the data sent from our server program running on Phantom. It is used for other data format export (eg. csv, kml, gpx...)

More info of the raw file for your reference:
Our app guarantees extremely low bandwidth (< 0.5%) is required comparing to the FPV video/telemetry data sent from Phantom, and it only sacrifice very tiny FPV range. Based on our testing of 10 minutes FPV flying,
total size of the video(640x480 15fps)/telemetry data sent is more than 100000KB,
for samsung S5 phone - the log data sent is only ~350KB
for iOS mini - the log data sent is only ~90KB

Lowepg said:
dumb question:
Do you need to re-open the app each time you power up the phantom to get the signal boost?

Yes you need to reset the power each time you power up the phantom.

tizzl10 said:
npalen said:

im talking about distance reached using the different power outputs that the app has. I suspect that the highest power output (I think is 20dbm) creates a lot of noise and I get less range (around 10,000 ft).. at 17dmb I get around 13,800 ft before the wifi drops. just trying to get an idea of what other people are getting.

*warning..this video is long and boring..just showing the range wifi disconnect and reconnect*

You are correct. Usually we and our customers use 15dbm for the tx power.

We just had a 15 minutes FPV flying and a web based user interface, Luci was used to monitor the realtime events. Using Luci Realtime Graph reported that the Signal-to-Noise-Ratio SNR plot oscillate a lot while using the highest power. On the other hand, while using 15-17dbm, a much more linear SNR plot was generated. Since it is raining, we will do more testing later.

More info of the CPU load of the logger enabled for your reference. Luci Realtime Graph reported that the the average CPU load of the AP was 38% (< 50%) for our testing of 15 minutes FPV flying. Both of the Phantom Vision app and Vision+ Utility Logger were launched, and at the same time, a http connection was opened for the Luci monitoring.

ocatcr said:
tizzl10 said:
npalen said:

You are correct. Usually we and our customers use 15dbm for the tx power.

We just had a 15 minutes FPV flying and a web based user interface, Luci was used to monitor the realtime events. Using Luci Realtime Graph reported that the Signal-to-Noise-Ratio SNR plot oscillate a lot while using the highest power. On the other hand, while using 15-17dbm, a much more linear SNR plot was generated. Since it is raining, we will do more testing later.

More info of the CPU load of the logger enabled for your reference. Luci Realtime Graph reported that the the average CPU load of the AP was 38% (< 50%) for our testing of 15 minutes FPV flying. Both of the Phantom Vision app and Vision+ Utility Logger were launched, and at the same time, a http connection was opened for the Luci monitoring.

ok cool..thanks for the info.

ocatcr said:
Lowepg said:
dumb question:
Do you need to re-open the app each time you power up the phantom to get the signal boost?

Thanks.

What are the specific steps we should be taking to ensure we're boosting properly?

(you provided really good steps for me to get the logging working right!) :)

Sorry for the basic questions, but I found the app to be effective, but a little sparse in instructions/directions.

ocatcr said:
Sorry that only android version supports the kml export. the raw file is the data sent from our server program running on Phantom. It is used for other data format export (eg. csv, kml, gpx...)

Our app guarantees extremely low bandwidth (< 0.5%) is required comparing to the FPV video/telemetry data sent from Phantom, and it only sacrifice very tiny FPV range. Based on our testing of 10 minutes FPV flying,
total size of the video(640x480 15fps)/telemetry data sent is more than 100000KB,
I just used the new version this morning. There is no KML and there is no longer a CSV. Only a .RAW file. Would be nice to know what to open the RAW file with. RAW is typically an image format, not a text-based CSV or KML/XML type file.

How the hell do people use this dang app when the only instructions are obtuse answers to questions in this thread? It's a great concept and I love the capability, but you've got to somehow provide more information on how to use it.

edit:
Windows has the following information about this file type. This page will help you find software needed to open your file.

File Type: RAW Graphics

File Extension: .raw

Description: Uncompressed graphic files stored as raw 24-bit, RGB data images � includes specific balance and exposure settings.

The first time I used the PV2+ Utility App last week, it wrote the CSV file to my Samsung TAB4. Since then and after three tries it no longer writes the file. Any idea what may have changed? Maybe I'm not using the correct sequence of opening and closing this App and the P2V+ App? Could use some guidance. Thanks

Lowepg said:
ocatcr said:
Lowepg said:
dumb question:

Thanks.

What are the specific steps we should be taking to ensure we're boosting properly?

(you provided really good steps for me to get the logging working right!) :)

Sorry for the basic questions, but I found the app to be effective, but a little sparse in instructions/directions.

Booster Usage:
1. Power on both Phantom 2 Vision+ aircraft and range extender.
2. Connect your device to DJI Phantom Vision+ Wi-Fi network.
3. Open Vision+ Utility app, slide the Connect Vision switch to connect the apps to DJI Phantom Vision+ via the Wi-Fi network.
4. After the connection is established, select the camera transmit power to boost up the Wi-Fi.
After you select the power and click on OK, if the power is set properly, the selected power should be updated on the SETTING Page without any alert popping up.

Re: Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware & FPV Booster

mmn said:
ocatcr said:

I just used the new version this morning. There is no KML and there is no longer a CSV. Only a .RAW file. Would be nice to know what to open the RAW file with. RAW is typically an image format, not a text-based CSV or KML/XML type file.

How the hell do people use this dang app when the only instructions are obtuse answers to questions in this thread? It's a great concept and I love the capability, but you've got to somehow provide more information on how to use it.

Did you switch off the logger after each flight? After selecting the logger off, there should be a Dialog Box 'Writing Log file...' pops up. Also, we recommend that you install a file explorer app (eg. EZ file explorer). it is free and you could browse the exported csv file.

The raw file is used to export the log to other data format (eg.kml, csv) It is a binary file stores the data sent from the server program.

I see nothing other than the normal logger screen when switching off the logger. The slider switch just shows "off" at that point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak