Vision Props on a V1 Phantom.

camelman said:
Just fitted my vision props to the v1.1.1

Whoaaah!!!

flying with Zenmuse Gimbal, gopro, FPV transmitter and turnigy 2200ma 25-50C battery got 10mins 20 seconds before bringing it back in on the flashing reds.

Mixed flying with couple of hard climbs and fast runs

:)

Impressive!!!
any idea what your total weight is?
default battery failsafe levels as well?

Can anyone identify any markings on their vision props? Is there a DJI logo on them? I'm concerned with whether or not I have knock offs. Thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Over 10 minutes with a gimbal and 2200 mah battery? Seems impossible. Did you,check your battery level after?

Roadkilt said:
Over 10 minutes with a gimbal and 2200 mah battery? Seems impossible. Did you,check your battery level after?

I think it would be totally possible with the zenmuse gimbal to get 10+ min flight time as it weights lighter than the tarot gimbal which Im using and I'm getting a good 8 mins with a 2200mah battery, fpv, gopro, tarot and heavier legs.

Either way I am really satisfied with the vision props. Its definitely staying on my phantom

I was getting 8min 45 with the zenmuse before I put the vision props on.

Just rechecked the video, took off 20s in and landed when the flashing reds came on at 10m 40s = 10min 20 secs.

Battery warning set at default levels, didn't check the battery capacity as landed as soon as the reds showed up, will check next time.

The fpy transmitter is wired into the main battery so saving some weight there.,

The weight of the phantom, gimbal, battery and fov transmitter is 1050g

NCHoytArcher said:
Can anyone identify any markings on their vision props? Is there a DJI logo on them? I'm concerned with whether or not I have knock offs. Thank you.

MY vision props have the raised dji logo in the same place as the standard props do.

Just been out for another flight, quite windy today so harder going than previous test.
Was also flying it a bit more enthusiastically than previously.

Again carrying zenmuse, gopro fpv transmitter, vision props and 1 x turnigy 2200mah battery.

9min30 from take off to land as soon as the first reds showed up.
Battery voltage after flight =3.68*3=11.04v

Well pleased with those figures :D

camelman said:
MY vision props have the raised dji logo in the same place as the standard props do.

Mine only have some numbers raised on them. Apparently I either have an earlier model, or more likely, knock offs. Still waiting on a replacement for the prop that was bent in shipping.

camelman said:
Just been out for another flight, quite windy today so harder going than previous test.
Was also flying it a bit more enthusiastically than previously.

Again carrying zenmuse, gopro fpv transmitter, vision props and 1 x turnigy 2200mah battery.

9min30 from take off to land as soon as the first reds showed up.
Battery voltage after flight =3.68*3=11.04v

Well pleased with those figures :D
nice but what is the exact weight of your phantom then? The standard voltage settings are really conservative

That's what it said on the scales :)

Stock Phantom with battery around 800g, (don't know it the v1.1.1 is more or less than that)?
Zenmuse with gopro = 236g,
FPV transmitter 30g (ish)

Total around 1066-70g

I have a Phantom v1 and i'm curious to know if i can adapt the vision props to my "old" vision without switching my motors...

I recently invested in a FPV & Gimbal and my flight time reduced to just around 5-6 minutes and i'm searching any way to improve the flight times.

Thanks

I wonder if anyone has done the reverse, to confirm the flight time.... Install original phantom props on the phantom vision?

justsomeguy said:
The Chinese clones are starting to arrive. No need to replace motors on older Phantoms.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261340030834?

Those are the ones I ordered. Should have them in a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to testing the flight times against my other ebay Chinese clone 8" props.

The only thing is I can't tell from the pictures whether the hub is keyed for DJI motors. If not I'll have to be sure to crank down on the nuts a bit more than usual.

The genuine ones have the self tightening nuts on the so possibly not. I get to jello at all on mine however straight out of the packet.

Hi All,

This is a very interesting topic. I have a Phantom v1.2 and would like to try using the Vision props but...
Which blades have your tests been run against? There seem to be two variants of the PV blades...

The dji website shows what I consider to be the original PV blades which are quite angular to look at
http://www.dji.com/wp-content/themes/dj ... dy/0_0.jpg

But the following store (this is a very reputable store) shows what it terms the "New Style" blades which look a lot more rounded.
http://www.heliguy.com/i/image1_6617.jpg which is advertised as the "New Style"

I am surmising that the flight tests have been performed against the original PV blades.

Has anyone got experience of the new style blades??

Thanks as ever,

Jonathan

The 'New Style' blades in your link are the self tightening props from the original phantom (the ones I have now removed).

The Vision props are much larger (longer, wider and have the pronounced angular section).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic