Vision Plus Masters Help

Reaction score
Ok it's finally my turn of needing some help as I'm truly stumped and have yet to figure it out. So....who better to turn to then you.

I had my quad drop out of the sky 3 weeks ago and I have slowly been putting it back together.
I had to replace the complete body, 1 motor and esc. I also had replaced the camera and gimbal with a new one.

Currently the gimbal is not working but I almost sure it is from a couple reversed wires that I will switch after posting this thread. Before installing a new camera and gimbal the old one was going from side to side with the camera and not up & down like it should. Be adding the new replacement I switched the wires thinking that was the reason for the side to side movement. But it ended up not allowing the camera to move at all.

But here is one of the main concerns. Since the 1st time of powering the quad, inside the gimbal has a alarm going off. It beeps two times back to back, over & over.

With everything activate and motors running, it has video, takes a pic. Gimbal has been limp, only telemetry out everything that appears on screen is range extender, pic number, wifi bars, and sd card. Nothing else. No battery, no satellites, no speed, no distance, or any other telemetry.

I have connect the quad to the assistant and ran advanced ecu as well as loaded the most recent firmware.

What is wrong?

The gimbal and alarm has me confused, outside of that Im leaning toward the Naza?
Thanks to anyone that helps me figure this out. Hopefully someone who experienced this problem will know what to do.

-Frank

Frank,
nothing wrong with the naza.
is this a new gimbal? if so the connector on the pitch sensor board flipped up in the shipping or the connector
inside the actual camera flipped up but usually when that happens it makes three bzzz sounds in a row.
in either case you will have to take her apart and flip that connector tab down.

hani

Scared me for a minute there, thought you two guys got sucked out of the P2V+ forum with the others...;)

Ok just to be sure, I can give a little better detail.

The Buzz sound is coming from the 1st gimbal motor closest from the camera.

The same Buzz sound is two beeps. As in, beep beep silent...beep beep silent.

*Is taking place on Old & New Gimbal Camera setups.

*Switched wires I thought to be wrong made no difference.

*Since upgrading to firmware v3.14 the Gimbal no longer moves from using dji app or controller.

*Since upgrading to firmware v3.14 lost video and what telemetry I did have prior to upgrade.

I thought of doing a Hard Reset on firmware and attempt to load a version other then v3.14? The absolute only thing I know to not be 100% is 1 led light out of the 3 is missing from one ESC.

I'm also feeling as this could be something wrong with the Wi-Fi Module. It did suffer a very small dent on the top outside edge of module.

Would either of you suggest I cut the copper tape and open the module for inspection? I do not have a spare to plug in a test.

Thank you guys for answering my call out!

I would try rebinding the wifi/ camera unit before tearing anything apart. That way you will see if they can communicate together with your tablet/camera and see if you get the telemetry data back. If you are seeing the wifi module and getting a signal then I see no need to tear it apart. The issue would most likely be something else.

Frank,
i'm 99% sure it's the connector that flipped up in the shipping or got bumped somehow at some point.
i don't think it's the wifi module so no need to take it apart at this point just yet.
it's the camera issue. start with taking the four silver phillips screws out from the back of the actual camera and
take the back off and see if the brown flip tab is up or maybe the cable that it holds is skewed.
then if that's ok i am 100% sure it is the tab on the pitch sensor board.
you will have to take the camera off and take apart the pitch motor case to check that.

RoyVa,
the gimbal is making a buzzing noise when turned on. how do you think that has anything to do with binding if gimbal doesn't even initialize...
trust me, i had over 300 coming through my shop in the past 6 months alone and i can tell you when i see the camera turned on
i can pretty much point it down to what an issue is. and burlbark probably went through twice as many as i did.
this has nothing to do with binding, wifi, naza or the phantom... it is the gimbal issue.

Frank,
this is what i'm talking about
IMG_1484.JPG

take these 4 screws out and flip the cover off
image1.JPG

then check the connector
image2.JPG

this tab sometimes flips up
image3.JPG

it needs to look like in the picture above.

if that doesn't fix your issue you will need to check the pitch sensor board connector

I had to replace the complete body, 1 motor and esc. I also had replaced the camera and gimbal with a new one.

According to this statement in your OP the Gimbal and Camera are new replacement parts. If the connecting cables are not, then maybe something within the wiring itself may be part of the issue.
I realize that new parts can be compromised at times, but it may be a good idea to look at the parts which may have been damaged in the crash first. The camera/gimbal cabling are pretty delicate items.

I'm going to work on it right now. If it's not the needed fix I'll be needing a little more detail on the pitch sensor board.

Thanks for the awesome detailed pic's!!!

OK pulled the cover off and no problems. On this camera it is impossible for that tab to flip. It had a thick piece of double sided tape that compresses against the tab even to the point of there being a indentation pressed deep into the thick tape..

So what next?

skynet1 has good point also about the cables. I say that because as I mentioned this is happening to both the old & new camera gimbals. I may try switch out some of those cables while waiting for you to respond on what I should try next.

then if that's ok i am 100% sure it is the tab on the pitch sensor board.
you will have to take the camera off and take apart the pitch motor case to check that.

So this is where I'm currently stuck in what to do mode.

I took the camera apart as in, removing 4 back plate
screws, then 2 screws holding the lens and lens board combo. I then released the ribbon that attached to the lens board. Next removed 2 very tiny screws holding ribbon cover between camera and 1st motor. Then came the 3 screws behind ribbon cover which one of the 3 screws there was much more difficult then other two.

And now all visible screws have been removed and looking just like image #1. Not sure how to separate what remains.

I'm still hanging in there....

I reset all ribbon connections with in the camera and gimbal. No change.

Remember now I said this problem exist with 2 different camera/gimbals.

It has to be something before it reaches the camera/gimbal. I switched out 2 of the 3 gimbal harnesses. Still no change.

I'm going to cut the copper tape on the vented wifi module and open for inspection. If someone could post what it is I'm looking for inside the wifi module I would appreciate it.

-Frank

So I opened the wifi module and found no foul play. Nothing burnt or even hot in color.

Without a box of new parts to switch out, I'm not sure how to go about repairing this one.

Maybe I should ship it to someone honest and dependable. Any recommendations on who to send this to?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic