Vision+ camera and and possibility to edit bitrate?

Great to see that you haven't quit this project and it is still in "work in progress" state. :) I will test this beta script today and post my impressions after the test.

Nice to see that you haven't quit the work with the script and work is still in progress. :) I will try it out and post my impressions of it.

Thank you very much, proves it this weekend and comment.

Thanks JC:

WARNING BETA SCRIPT : frame rate is incorrect + some pixel banding on the right edge of video.

I've been very busy these past week, and couldn't yet get the correct frame rate. However here is the beta script for the medium fov : captured area is 3232 x 1824 instead of 2304x1296. It will replace the narrow setting for 30fps and also 25fps.

After every boot you have to select the mode you want, even if the camera is already in this mode. (this is needed to force the loading of the new parameters in memory).

It should work on 1.29 and 1.30 firmware, again it's non permanent, everything get back to normal as soon as you remove the file from the sdcard.

I tried the script (plus custom firmware 24bit / s) and do not know exactly what are the changes that you put into the scritp, thought the effect of "fish eye" was to be reduced, but it has not seemed to improve much. The contrast and color if they are good, but they were already with the custom firmware.
What are the changes you put in the script? What I have to set for improvements?
Thank you for your work and your time.
PS: Excuse my English.

I tried the script (plus custom firmware 24bit / s) and do not know exactly what are the changes that you put into the scritp, thought the effect of "fish eye" was to be reduced, but it has not seemed to improve much. The contrast and color if they are good, but they were already with the custom firmware.
What are the changes you put in the script? What I have to set for improvements?
Thank you for your work and your time.
PS: Excuse my English.

The improvement I made concerns the narrow field of view. The purpose was to have a larger fov without any aliasing or pixel jagginess like in the actual wide fov. So my script gives you what I call a medium fov in replacement of the actual narrow fov. You have to select either 1080p30 narrow or 1080p25 narrow to apply the effect. The effect might seems subtle, but the aliasing was very present on the wide fov. I didn’t touch anything regarding colors, contrast, etc...

You can use this script with the original firmware, or the one with impfovdd bitrate

I’m currently making some progress regarding the frame rate, and will report in a few days.

Reactions: Sky Media Drones
Can someone tell me which version of camera firmware the modded version is based off ? Is that the latest one on DJI's site - (v1.3.0) ??
Reason I ask is the release notes for 1.3.0 say android app version 1.0.56 is required... and I am still using 1.0.54 because I am still using firmware 3.08.

Does anybody know if........

a) to use the modded firmware or even just the stock camera fw 1.3.0.. Do I need to update from 3.08 to newer firmware.
b) if I an update isn't required and I can still use 3.08 with the newer camera firmware is that going to work ok with android app 1.0.58 ? I don't really like mixing an matching so abit hesitant now.

The release notes doesn't mention a firmware update from 3.x to 3.14 is required; However because I'm updating the app I might be required to update the firmware for "stable" results.

Keen to trying out the modded camera firmware, but not to keen on updating from 3.08.....

I suppose I could upgrade the camera, see how it works with 1.0.54.. if any problems upgrade that to 1.0.58... if any problems, well re-think my options.
The app is obviously down gradable, any body know if the camera firmware is ??? It seems like *should* be... Obviously the autopilot 3.8/3.14 blah blah isn't...

The improvement I made concerns the narrow field of view. The purpose was to have a larger fov without any aliasing or pixel jagginess like in the actual wide fov. So my script gives you what I call a medium fov in replacement of the actual narrow fov. You have to select either 1080p30 narrow or 1080p25 narrow to apply the effect. The effect might seems subtle, but the aliasing was very present on the wide fov. I didn’t touch anything regarding colors, contrast, etc...

You can use this script with the original firmware, or the one with impfovdd bitrate

I’m currently making some progress regarding the frame rate, and will report in a few days.

Thank you for your response.
A question? Should we always choose the narrow before recording format for the script to run?

Can someone tell me which version of camera firmware the modded version is based off ? Is that the latest one on DJI's site - (v1.3.0) ??
Reason I ask is the release notes for 1.3.0 say android app version 1.0.56 is required... and I am still using 1.0.54 because I am still using firmware 3.08.

Does anybody know if........

a) to use the modded firmware or even just the stock camera fw 1.3.0.. Do I need to update from 3.08 to newer firmware.
b) if I an update isn't required and I can still use 3.08 with the newer camera firmware is that going to work ok with android app 1.0.58 ? I don't really like mixing an matching so abit hesitant now.

The release notes doesn't mention a firmware update from 3.x to 3.14 is required; However because I'm updating the app I might be required to update the firmware for "stable" results.

Keen to trying out the modded camera firmware, but not to keen on updating from 3.08.....

I suppose I could upgrade the camera, see how it works with 1.0.54.. if any problems upgrade that to 1.0.58... if any problems, well re-think my options.
The app is obviously down gradable, any body know if the camera firmware is ??? It seems like *should* be... Obviously the autopilot 3.8/3.14 blah blah isn't...

The camera firmware is independant from the phantom firmware. The modded one with improved bitrates is based on 1.30g.

Mine is still 1.29, wich came with my 3.08 phantom, like you I think. Technically you can downgrade the camera firmware without problem, but I couldn’t find any official link for the 1.29 firmware. I can try to make a backup of my 1.29 firmware.

You can upgrade to camera 1.30g without upgrading your phantom.

yeah I was looking for older versions as well... on that website that has older apps and stuff it had v1.19 but nothing later. need to check what mine is running.
how do you make a backup ? Was wondering if that was possible....

I used the script to 1080p 30 fps and narrow way (plus modified firmware of 24 mb / s), and I found that the video quality is very acceptable. Congratulations on the script

I used the script to 1080p 30 fps and narrow way (plus modified firmware of 24 mb / s), and I found that the video quality is very acceptable. Congratulations on the script
I also tested this newest script and it really looks very nice. Only the frame rate is 29fps instead of 30. FOV is also much more useable than the narrow one. Good job! :)

using the updated firmware with android 1.54 version even though it says 1.58 is required...
using ilovecoffee version... dont think he has made a 1.58 version... don;t want to upgrade to 1.58 incase not compatible with v3.08 instead of newest..

in summary... seems to work fine with 1.54...

The camera firmware is independant from the phantom firmware. The modded one with improved bitrates is based on 1.30g.

Mine is still 1.29, wich came with my 3.08 phantom, like you I think. Technically you can downgrade the camera firmware without problem, but I couldn’t find any official link for the 1.29 firmware. I can try to make a backup of my 1.29 firmware.

You can upgrade to camera 1.30g without upgrading your phantom.

By using the script I get a vertical bands of color on the right side of the video (if I do not go use the script)
aUU6xv0.jpg

I leave a clipping to (have zoom) of images where you can see the differences, the first is with scritp and the second without scritp. In the first edges are less pronounced and less jagginess pixel.

With scritp
YpF1rWg.jpg

Without scritp
lLy5kVr.jpg

Last edited:
I leave a clipping to (have zoom) of images where you can see the differences, the first is with scritp and the second without scritp. In the first edges are less pronounced and less jagginess pixel.

With scritp
YpF1rWg.jpg

Without scritp
lLy5kVr.jpg
The difference in image quality is quite obvious. Weird thing is that I don't get that vertical banding using the script!?

The difference in image quality is quite obvious. Weird thing is that I don't get that vertical banding using the script!?

Each time you choose the narrow way and enter the scritp leave me bands, however if you choose so wide do not go, if I delete the autoexec file to the root of the MicroSD card and put the narrow way and do not leave the band, so I gather that is the scritp
PS: As always excuse my English.

This is the script with no banding on the side.

Frame rate is still incorrect, the video will look slightlty accelerated. (acceleration is less present in 25f/s mode).

Attachments

• autoexec_medium_fov_beta2.zip
    313 bytes · Views: 431
Reactions: JCJMC
This is the script with no banding on the side.

Frame rate is still incorrect, the video will look slightlty accelerated. (acceleration is less present in 25f/s mode).

I've been testing this new script and it does not make me slashes. If you return to work in the scritp (speed correction or improvement in image quality), feel free to Share, I will make beta-tester with pleasure.
Many thanks for your work and time.

Hi Gueria, I have a question on the usage of your script. For initial use,

1. Put the camera mode in 1080p30/1080p25 Narrow FOV.
2. Plug usb and unzip the "autoexec.ash" file to root of sdcard.
3. Reboot the P2V+.

If I happen to change resolution while flying, how do I re-activate the script? With the script still on the sdcard, do I put the camera mode back to 1080p30/1080p25 Narrow fov and reboot the P2V+?

Thanks and regards

Hi Gueria, I have a question on the usage of your script. For initial use,

1. Put the camera mode in 1080p30/1080p25 Narrow FOV.
2. Plug usb and unzip the "autoexec.ash" file to root of sdcard.
3. Reboot the P2V+.

If I happen to change resolution while flying, how do I re-activate the script? With the script still on the sdcard, do I put the camera mode back to 1080p30/1080p25 Narrow fov and reboot the P2V+?

Thanks and regards

That is correct. If you change to another mode during flight, you have to land and reboot the Phantom with the Narrow FOV activated...and then take off again...

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164