Video Won't Play

Reaction score
Hey, I'm a noob with a P2V+ that has worked fine for the past few days. Today I shot a video flying around my neighborhood and when I get home and put the micro SD card in my laptop to view the video, it won't play. The video was set to 1080p/30fps and the video displayed fine on my phone during the flight, but I can't see the file. Other files I've taken have worked just fine. When I open the video, I just get a black screen and even though it was a 20 minute flight, it ends after a few seconds. I've tried media player and MPC-HC with the same result (although MPC doesn't seem to end after a few seconds). Any thoughts?

The file properties show a length of 00:13:38, 1920x1080, 11874kbps bitrate, and 29 fps. The file size is ~1.2GB. When I launch it in media player (windows 8), the hard drive runs constantly for about 20 seconds... I suspect the file is corrupted somehow.

I put the card back in the P2V+ and took a couple more videos with it just sitting in my hand and those ones work fine when I put the card in the computer. The original file still won't play. i did notice that the bad file has a date stamp of 1/1/2008 12:00 AM while the good files have real date stamps.

Can this file be repaired and played?

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHH... what am I doing wrong? Took my P2V+ on a camping trip this weekend and shot 10 videos... 5 out of those 10 are unplayable and have symptoms like the previous one... file sizes look real, properties look valid... last modified date is 2008 and the file is unplayable. I saw the comment about possibly shutting off the Phantom before I stopped the recording via my phone and so I was careful about that this trip. I KNOW I didn't do it 5 times. The SD card is a class 10 32GB Sandisk... I'm confused and frustrated!

sorry to hear your pain.. but I feel it too. I upgraded my SDcard to a Sandisk Ultra 32gb and this happens MUCH less often now.. I was getting 1/3 of my videos corrupted with the stock sdcard and a new 32gb (non ultra) card.. now I lose maybe 1 video for every 20. I also make sure to stop recording EVERY time before powering off.. and a reboot/take a pic/start recording new, does NOT repair these.

I have tried to repair them every way possible from researching online (tools, ffmpeg, etc) and nothing works -- except -- there is a website you'll find where you upload your video and it magically can pull accurate STILLs out of it to prove they "can repair" it.. but it's like $40 or some bs.. haven't bothered to try it yet..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4