Video stuttering/jerking

Depends on what you are shooting. Most video we see on tv and such is 24 or 30 fps. Shooting at a higher frame rate allows you to slow it down or sped it up without a noticeable affect in quality.

Also faster FPS will give you smoother videos especially when panning around, nice and slowly!

Reactions: Nickster
Without meaning to pour cold water on this ........the aperture on the P3S is fixed and cannot be changed... :)

Yes, which is why in my second post I told him I wasn't sure if he could change the aperture setting. But he can still change the shutter speed to get as close as possible to double the fps, maybe even try a higher ISO like 200 or 400 when he changes the shutter speed. He will definitely need to experiment with the settings he can change.

Here are two examples. The 1st is from last week with my P4P and the variable ND at about ND16.

This second one is from last year with my P3S. Video is 12 minutes long so you can scroll some and see the different sites I was at. ND8 filter I have for it. I set it on 1080p 60fps so I could get the shutter to 120.

Just fantastic footage! The straight down shot of the harvester along side the tractor and trailer is amazing. One question. The tractor in profile at sunset is really dark. did you do that on purpose or did you need to change the settings? I shoot some stuff at sunset and can use all the help I can get.

Thanks. That sunset was a rough one. I tried to find a happy medium with the sky by adjusting contrast and brightness and came up with that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez