Video settings suggestions please

Reaction score
I need some suggestions on best video settings for checking cattle. I have 26 flights on the P4 now 156 kms flown and 5 and half hours flight time.
I have a Durango range extender fitted i have been in 4 k mode most of the time and have tried some other suggestions. For me its about seeing as best as possible . I normally fly at anything from 30 meters up to about 80 meters hight when checking out the fields for cattle that might be alone . I do tend to fly fast as i have a lot of ground to cover . normally about 60 kph. Most watering holes are about 3km from take off point were i will desend to as low as i feel safe to hover just above the cattle approx 3 meters above and try to get as best look as possible.
I am using a Apple ipad air2 9.5 inch screen.
Any input will be very welcome.
Regards
Barry

If you want the best live view, there is nothing more you can do. A good screen shade to see the iPad better may help. If you are looking at the videos on the sd card, you probably don't need 4 k. Save space by using a lower setting. I'm not by no means an expert. Just my wanting to try and help. I have been reading your posts and wish you the best in your endeavors. I hope others with more knowledge will respond.

I need some suggestions on best video settings for checking cattle. I have 26 flights on the P4 now 156 kms flown and 5 and half hours flight time.
I have a Durango range extender fitted i have been in 4 k mode most of the time and have tried some other suggestions. For me its about seeing as best as possible . I normally fly at anything from 30 meters up to about 80 meters hight when checking out the fields for cattle that might be alone . I do tend to fly fast as i have a lot of ground to cover . normally about 60 kph. Most watering holes are about 3km from take off point were i will desend to as low as i feel safe to hover just above the cattle approx 3 meters above and try to get as best look as possible.
I am using a Apple ipad air2 9.5 inch screen.
Any input will be very welcome.
Regards
Barry
Hi hard to see small screen even in shade,spashed out 10/1 tab and just use 1080/24fps,lots of film time ,never used 4k ,no 4k device here to veiw,vidios crystal clear ,i do notice all phantoms not the same and gota go through and find good recording to suit flying,dont have to fly to test just turn on and record walking with it while changing recording speed etc in settings,mine just right ,can hover or record going full speed with no glitching or lag ,thankfully, :)

Thanks for the replies , I did move from 4k and its seems better. Also getting to find what speed altitude ext works the best. Also found that paying attention to were the sun is and planning flight plan accordingly makes a big difference. Cattle were very afraid at first but i can get close at the watering holes without them worrying now.

Attachments

• DJI_0033.JPG
    DJI_0033.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 218
  • DJI_0034.JPG
    DJI_0034.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 241
Thanks for the replies , I did move from 4k and its seems better. Also getting to find what speed altitude ext works the best. Also found that paying attention to were the sun is and planning flight plan accordingly makes a big difference. Cattle were very afraid at first but i can get close at the watering holes without them worrying now.
I love hearing your report and I'm gad it is working for you. I hope it saves you some work? The cattle will eventually get use to it. If you see other animals, you could scare them. Might be a help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan