No video feed - cannot take photos / video, cannot adjust camera settings.

Reaction score
I just purchased a new Phantom 4 Advanced from Best Buy, and I have experience with a Phantom 4, so I'm not completely new with the Phantom setup, but this is a brand new aircraft and has never been flown or taken any media.

I've done research on here and other sources on the net, and none of the "solutions" have worked.

I updated it to the most recent firmware, and I am just trying this indoors, with plenty of light facing the camera. I'd like to make sure it has the video feed and can get photos / video before I take it out and fly it.

It's using an iPad mini, same one that I used on my old Phantom 4 about two days ago, so I don't think there's an issue there. I've tried just about everything - multiple USB cables to my iPad mini to verify connection, removing SD card altogether, trying different SD cards that I've used with my old Phantom 4, etc. I can't even get into the camera settings where the Format SD card option is available, but I've tried multiple cards, some of which I've already used on my old Phantom 4. When I tap on the little icon for camera settings where you can do manual adjustments, set to raw, format card, etc., it just won't even go in there, it's basically just grayed out.

Any ideas on what's going on? I'm wondering if I am just having bad luck, because I just purchased this today at Best Buy, and the battery didn't work - never turned on or charged, so I had to return it, and now I'm running into this with the new aircraft.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

FIXED - it turns out my iPad hadn't been updated, and I did all the updates to the Phantom 4 and DJI Go App. Updated the iPad and problem solved! Hope this might help someone else down the road....

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Great post update. It just might help someone else. Have fun in PDX!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers