Video lost on ReturnToHome

Reaction score
Good morning everyone, yesterday I had a interesting return to home where I lost video signal but still had telemetery and map so I followed map to guide myself home untill total disconnect. Hit RTH and drone starts to make her way back...never recovered video through the whole scenario and also no recording on sd card from the moment of total disconnect like the camera or recording had totally shut down.Just wondered if others had ever experienced the same as me.

Everything seems fairly normal until the total disconnect. What happens after that should not have and it should’ve kept recording. Seems it came home ok but does it work now? When, or did you, regain connection?

post logs? might explain

No it stopped recording at disconnect but after hitting RTH I had visual of Map on screen and other telemetry but no video... at least i could see it coming back on the map LOL
Works fine after rebooting the controller and drone, I took it out for another flight immediately and no problems. The funny thing is that I uploaded my logs to Airdata and it shows no disconnect and 100% signal throughout the entire flight it records the RTH but no dropout signal evidence in the log at all and yet it clearly said on my tablet that it had disconnected ...damned if I know!
flight.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
never recovered video through the whole scenario and also no recording on sd card from the moment of total disconnect like the camera or recording had totally shut down.
If you were recording video and lost video signal from the drone, the cached lo-res video would stop but there shouldn't be any effect on the recording of video to the SD card.
Were you looking at the cached video rather than the actual recorded video on the SD card?

If you were recording video and lost video signal from the drone, the cached lo-res video would stop but there shouldn't be any effect on the recording of video to the SD card.
Were you looking at the cached video rather than the actual recorded video on the SD card?
No I transferred the video of the SD card and the video stops at the point of disconnect and obviously never resumed. I've never experienced this before with a disconnect usually still records. Hopefully a one off glitch...thanks for your input.

Good morning everyone, yesterday I had a interesting return to home where I lost video signal but still had telemetery and map so I followed map to guide myself home untill total disconnect. Hit RTH and drone starts to make her way back...never recovered video through the whole scenario and also no recording on sd card from the moment of total disconnect like the camera or recording had totally shut down.Just wondered if others had ever experienced the same as me.
Something here is not completely clear for me. You said you lost the video signal but you still had telemetry data. But then you said it came to total disconnect. What does this mean? You lost telemetry as well? Does it means that you lost the signal completely? And you hit RTH after that. If the signal is lost the drone must go to the RTH mode by itself (if you pre programmed it). There is no need to hit RTH in such situation as if the signal is lost the command will not reach the drone either. If it is already in RTH mode then by hitting RTH button you actually cancel RTH if by a chance the signal in that moment reconnect.
Is this right or not? We've been discussing this issue several times as I remember.

Something here is not completely clear for me. You said you lost the video signal but you still had telemetry data. But then you said it came to total disconnect. What does this mean? You lost telemetry as well? Does it means that you lost the signal completely? And you hit RTH after that. If the signal is lost the drone must go to the RTH mode by itself (if you pre programmed it). There is no need to hit RTH in such situation as if the signal is lost the command will not reach the drone either. If it is already in RTH mode then by hitting RTH button you actually cancel RTH if by a chance the signal in that moment reconnect.
Is this right or not? We've been discussing this issue several times as I remember.
Fiirst I lost video and flew back to a point where it disconnected just using the map (my Ipad stated signal disconnected) , immediately I hit return to home the controller started beeping as it does on RTH and I could see on the map it was coming back but Video never recovered all the way back to the home point...hope this clears it up

Yes, clear enough. It was your statement that you lost connection completely that I didn't understand well. So obviously you had the signal all the time.
Is your video working now?

Yes, clear enough. It was your statement that you lost connection completely that I didn't understand well. So obviously you had the signal all the time.
Is your video working now?
Yes its fine, I went out and flew 5km today & no problems whatsoever thanks. This flight and disconnect had me baffled because as I stated in a previous post when I uploaded my flight logs it shows no disconnect and 100% signal for the entire flight, yet my Ipad clearly said "disconnected" and I lost everything momentarily until RTH initiated then the map & telemetry came back.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31