A few issues with new version of DJI GO

Reaction score
I was out enjoying the good weather in Michigan's Upper Peninsula today. There was some fog, but we were above that. We hiked past Echo Lake (half mile) to the overlook (another half mile). I just updated my NVidia Shield K1 tablet last night and there was a new version of DJI GO (3.1.11). I took off and flew for several minutes. All of a sudden I lost video. It was abrupt. Then I realized that there was no Home point on my map. I am 100% sure that it was there when I took off...I specifically took the time at 6 feet off the ground to triple check that. I am glad that I had some idea of how I was oriented because it had dipped behind some sparse trees and I could hear it. I turned it towards home and flew a little. Video came back and I noticed that the recording had automatically stopped. I had been recording video and had seen the timer counting before this happened. I restarted the recording and saw the timer start again with the white record button turning red, as before. After flying less than a minute this happened again. This time I kept the drone in front of me and flew the battery down to 30% and landed with the low battery warning. It never happened again. I flew again later in the day and had no problems out to 1300 feet and back...but had unobstructed view.

My issues:
-Abrupt video loss. Usually it starts to break up a bit and I can raise altitude or head back towards home and clear it up.
-With video loss the home point was deleted from the map. If I had hit RTH there is no telling where it would have gone. After video returned I watched as the home point magically reappeared on the map.
-With the loss of video the recording also stopped. Usually the onboard recording continues even with transmission loss back to my RC/tablet.

This happened 3 times in a row but was not a problem for the rest of the day. I was flying deep in the woods...a mile hike from parking. Probably several miles from any house/cabin.

With video loss the home point was deleted from the map. If I had hit RTH there is no telling where it would have gone. After video returned I watched as the home point magically reappeared on the map.
It's unlikely that your Phantom actually lost it's home point.
To get to the bottom of this mystery, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides

I'm guessing that you were in a bad spot for GPS reception and what disappeared was your phone or tablet's location because tree cover meant it wasn't getting good GPS signal.

I was out enjoying the good weather in Michigan's Upper Peninsula today. There was some fog, but we were above that. We hiked past Echo Lake (half mile) to the overlook (another half mile). I just updated my NVidia Shield K1 tablet last night and there was a new version of DJI GO (3.1.11). I took off and flew for several minutes. All of a sudden I lost video. It was abrupt. Then I realized that there was no Home point on my map. I am 100% sure that it was there when I took off...I specifically took the time at 6 feet off the ground to triple check that. I am glad that I had some idea of how I was oriented because it had dipped behind some sparse trees and I could hear it. I turned it towards home and flew a little. Video came back and I noticed that the recording had automatically stopped. I had been recording video and had seen the timer counting before this happened. I restarted the recording and saw the timer start again with the white record button turning red, as before. After flying less than a minute this happened again. This time I kept the drone in front of me and flew the battery down to 30% and landed with the low battery warning. It never happened again. I flew again later in the day and had no problems out to 1300 feet and back...but had unobstructed view.

My issues:
-Abrupt video loss. Usually it starts to break up a bit and I can raise altitude or head back towards home and clear it up.
-With video loss the home point was deleted from the map. If I had hit RTH there is no telling where it would have gone. After video returned I watched as the home point magically reappeared on the map.
-With the loss of video the recording also stopped. Usually the onboard recording continues even with transmission loss back to my RC/tablet.

This happened 3 times in a row but was not a problem for the rest of the day. I was flying deep in the woods...a mile hike from parking. Probably several miles from any house/cabin.
What ver. of android are you running sir. Ive had lots of video loss with android 7.0 and dji go 3.1.11. Today i was flying and after 5 min of recording it locked up then the dji go went black screen. I had to scramble to reconnect and check controls. Very scary at 400 ft. Then i landed changed batts and tried again to no avail. Same thing happend after 4 min. of vid

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl