Video Lag Update- Android (Downgraded from Lollipop)

Reaction score
Ever since I got my Phantom, I was never able to get a video feed and fly with FPV. Upon receiving my P3, I immediately updated to:
Firmware 1.19
Pilot App 1.10

I was also running a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Lollipop 5.0.1

Today I just tried downgrading from Android 5.01 to Android 4.4.2 with the same firmware and pilot app.

Success!!

So there appears to be an issue between the DJI Pilot 1.1.0 app and Android 5.0.1 because it ran just fine on my Samsung Galaxy S4 on that version of Android.

Working in the technology industry and having quite a bit of knowledge on hardware specs, I have always been skeptical of people saying that you need to upgrade to more modern hardware, Nvidia Shield tablet. People kept saying that older mobile handset devices were too slow to stream 720p video, which would be odd since I can stream it just fine from other sources.

So I hope this helps the DJI development team in figuring out how to address the issue. At this point I'm just glad I can fully utilize my Phantom for the time being. I hope this helps some people.

What did you use to downgrade and would you be kind to share link to download site

What did you use to downgrade and would you be kind to share link to download site
I have my phone rooted and installed Clockwork Recovery which is a program that allows you to take full backups or flash other Android ROM's. In my case I had a full backup that I took before upgrading to Lollipop that I was able to restore from.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers