Video keeps resetting! P3P

Reaction score
When my phantom is started it goes through it's normal sequence. As the image appears on the monitor it only stays visible for a few seconds then goes black and the camera resets. During this time all controls operate as they should and are still visible on my monitor. I can fly the craft without any issues but the camera keeps blacking out and re-setting.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Badboar

What do you mean the camera keeps resetting? Do you get a message saying something?

When the video quits the screen goes black except for any and all control items, settings, values, etc. Only what the camera was seeing disappears. There are no messages, no errors, no warnings, or anything out of the ordinary. The craft flies fine, just you have no FPV. RTH, camera controls, time, battery values, all that is available on the iPhone screen as it normally is located. Then after a few seconds the video feed returns. At that point you have to start the video record each time if you choose. This is what I mean about re-setting. It continues this cycle. I know the issue is in the camera/gimble area. I have 2 P3P's. I switched out the cameras and the aircraft work as it should.

Had to replace the ribbon cable that provides info/power to the gimble and camera. The odd flat black plastic one that winds around the Gimble/Camera. The LED on the front of the housing flash's red green red green etc. all the time. Almost as though it can't complete a process.

Thanks for your time with this issue

Ok the alternating red/green means its in the process of updating the firmware. I suggest you bootup the AC with a small fan blowing on the gimbal and let it finish its update. Leave the RC off during that. Otherwise yes I know all else functions normally and you'll probably find that the AC still records video and stills to the sd card in the camera gimbal assembly even tho its not showing the FPV live video on your device. This is a normal common issue

Ok I will try that. One thing I did not mention was, it operated the same with or without an sd card. The firmware is no longer on the card but I am going to reload it. You just mentioned something that I performed incorrectly. When attempting to ensure the firmware was correct I tried to re-install but it always aborted. When I did that I had the RC and iPhone on as thought I was going to fly. I will do it with the RC and iPhone disconnected.

Thanks! I will let you know what happens........ Badboar

Reactions: 3rdof5
Sounds good I look forward to hearing how you make out.

Ok I attempted to reload the firmware. I let it run for just over an hour. The attached text file is the result. Aborts each time. How can I erase the firmware on the aircraft so it can accept the update again?

BTW I was wrong. I had attempted the update previously with only the aircraft in operation. RC and iPhone were both off. The red/green alternating led is a brief event. The green will then flash and turn solid. In a short while it makes a noise then restarts the process. See attached text file. Not sure how to get a video included. Too large of a file.

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 172
Ok I attempted to reload the firmware. I let it run for just over an hour. The attached text file is the result. Aborts each time. How can I erase the firmware on the aircraft so it can accept the update again?

BTW I was wrong. I had attempted the update previously with only the aircraft in operation. RC and iPhone were both off. The red/green alternating led is a brief event. The green will then flash and turn solid. In a short while it makes a noise then restarts the process. See attached text file. Not sure how to get a video included. Too large of a file.
Ok that txt file doesnt really tell us anything useful. Look on your sd card (its in a hidden folder so turn off hide hidden files/folder) in the MISC/LOG folder for this file: P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt and upload that file here for examination please.

Ok, I will have to regenerate it. I already re-formatted the sd card. Only have that text available. I wanted to add also that I do get a gimble disconnect when the video disappears. when it cycles and returns the gimble disconnect clears but then returns when the video disappears continuously.

Thanks for your help! Will talk tomorrow.

Ok, I will have to regenerate it. I already re-formatted the sd card. Only have that text available. I wanted to add also that I do get a gimble disconnect when the video disappears. when it cycles and returns the gimble disconnect clears but then returns when the video disappears continuously.

Thanks for your help! Will talk tomorrow.
That almost sounds as if its simply a loose connection from the gimbal to the AC. Maybe carefully unplug those two connectors and back in again.

I'm having similar problems. Well at least it sounds similar. I get video feed for about 10-15 seconds and then screen on my tablet gets frozen and goes monochrome. I can, and have continued to fly and after a varied amount of time, mostly about 30 seconds video feed will come back again for about 10 seconds and then re-freezes to monochrome screen, which then stays frozen. I have tried almost all the suggestions on the forum- changing sd card, imu calibration, uninstalling and reinstalling go app etc.
Any suggestions?

Yours sounds very similar. I have a video of mine. Not sure how I can upload it? Total size over 300 megs. Can anyone share a method for adding a video?

BTW I checked all the connects. Including the black ribbon I had installed. As mentioned earlier I have 2 P3P's. I removed the cam/gim assembly from my other bird and installed on this one. No problems! Everything worked normally. Most likely the issue is within the cam/gim assembly itself.

Was thinking of replacing the black ribbon cable again but thats just a shot in the dark.

Thanks

Yours sounds very similar. I have a video of mine. Not sure how I can upload it? Total size over 300 megs. Can anyone share a method for adding a video?

BTW I checked all the connects. Including the black ribbon I had installed. As mentioned earlier I have 2 P3P's. I removed the cam/gim assembly from my other bird and installed on this one. No problems! Everything worked normally. Most likely the issue is within the cam/gim assembly itself.

Was thinking of replacing the black ribbon cable again but thats just a shot in the dark.

Thanks
Generally a video that size needs to be uploaded to youtube then just post a link to it here.

Sorry to sound negative ... but so often we read posts from those who repair their AC ... replace cables and then have trouble.

I would love that any problem my P3P has that I could easily fix it ... but having read so many threads of failed DIY - I resigned myself to DJi pricing to do it ... and get a warranty on the work ...

Nigel

Does't sound negative to me. Thanks for your input. I however have the time to dedicate to the effort. This is not just a repair to me but an experience to continue learning something new.

"Live for Today"

Thanks for everyones help. I will add the video to the tube and upload the link. Great idea!

The link below should take you to the video. Mostly likely this is a common issue.

On another note. One comment I wanted to share relates to the motor noise (freq) of this drone vs my other one. Both are identical as for as I know, however this aircraft is much quieter. With blades off you can really notice a difference. Smoother sounding I think. That's another time!

Thanks for any ideas regarding the video..........

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20