Video is choppy/stuttering - do I need to change settings on Phantom?

vdm

Reaction score
Hello.
I've noticed that when I'm shooting video it becomes choppy or stutters at times - WHY?
Are there ideal camera setting that I need?
If yes - how do I change them?
Also, is there a particular video player preferred for play back?
Thanks.

If you're talking about playback, hi res video will choke most machines. I can watch 4k on my new MacBook Pro just fine, but try on a Thinkpad 460 and it is very ugly.

What kind of device are you playing the video/stats/etc?

Pretty much most laptops or desktops that are older than a couple years will have trouble playing 4k smoothly (unless you happened to upgrade to high end graphics cards, extra ram, or top tier cpu's).

Nothing you can do about it but upgrade, or shoot 1080p. You could try playing back in VLC if you haven't already (VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!), it's generally a better performer than main OS affiliated players.

Hello.
I've noticed that when I'm shooting video it becomes choppy or stutters at times - WHY?
Are there ideal camera setting that I need?
If yes - how do I change them?
Also, is there a particular video player preferred for play back?
Thanks.
By any chance, are you using a combination of an iPhone and an iPad (any of them) to control your P4? Not one or the other but do you have the DJI GO app on both of them and have used it at least once.

I am asking because there is no rhyme or reason as to which people are having problems but I am starting to notice a pattern. You are in a position to add to or debunk that.

By any chance, are you using a combination of an iPhone and an iPad (any of them) to control your P4? Not one or the other but do you have the DJI GO app on both of them and have used it at least once.

I am asking because there is no rhyme or reason as to which people are having problems but I am starting to notice a pattern. You are in a position to add to or debunk that.

I am using a Samsung tablet.

Pretty much most laptops or desktops that are older than a couple years will have trouble playing 4k smoothly (unless you happened to upgrade to high end graphics cards, extra ram, or top tier cpu's).

Nothing you can do about it but upgrade, or shoot 1080p. You could try playing back in VLC if you haven't already (VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!), it's generally a better performer than main OS affiliated players.

Thanks. Am I able to convert shot video to a lower resolution via Adobe Premiere? I am using the default camera settings, so it must be 4K (I haven't checked).

Vdm, I have a samsung tab 4. The video on the tablet is choppy and pixalated. If I use the video from the card in the P4 in my dell laptop using vlc player all is fine. Media player in win7 doesn't support the video even if it's a mp4, it doesn't have the right codec and I looked and installed some but nothing. Installed vlc and tada video is good. Now I need to tweek the settings in dji to improve image quality. This is day 2 for me with a P4. Love it.

Good advice. I use VLC on both my MacBook and Windows 7 box.

Good advice. I use VLC on both my MacBook and Windows 7 box.
VLC is the best for playing odd codecs.

If you're on a Mac, you need to install final cut just to get the ProRes throughout. I always, on any new Mac, need to install FC.

The AVID codecs are easy to install whether you are using Media Composer or not.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31