Video feed issues

Reaction score
Recently I have been experiencing video feed problems where only the top 1/4 of the feed was viewable and the rest of the screen below was a black/ green mess which obviously made the Phantom very hard to operate/orient. Finally, I decided to stop the Phantom from automatically picking the best channel and set it to manually picking a channel. That seemed to clear it up right away but honestly, I'd rather not have to keep encountering this problem. Anybody else experience this?

Have you recently changed the tablet/phone that you're using? Are you experiencing the problem constantly or infrequently?

I ran across that problem on an iPad mini (original model). Result was green/black bars and periodic "Weak Image Transmission Signal" message where the green "Safe to fly/GPS" message usually is. Playing with the channel manually seemed to help for a little, but the mini wasn't able to sustain an acceptable video feed. I'm guessing that the original mini didn't have the horsepower required by the DJI Go app. When I switched to using an iPhone 6, the problem went away and continues to work fine (99% of the time).

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
I was juggling around different devices trying to settle on the best one for use as a companion to the rc for my p4. I had video feed issues on 2 out of 4 devices. Mainly a 1/4 height green or pink line across the display, intermittent. I got it using a Samsung Galaxy Note S2 and a Note Pro. I didn't get it on my Galaxy S5 phone or an Apple iPad mini 4. I am,not a big fan of the Apple iPad, I am pretty much commited to Samsung, but the iPad mini 4 has given foolproof performance, and it fits in the phantoms RC holder while in a case.

If it's processing power related, the other things I can think of would be to make sure no other apps are running in the background (or consuming lots of memory) and get your hands on one of the latest greatest Android power tablets to see if it helps.

Also, if you haven't already done so, I think the question has been asked on the forum about what tablets work best and I thought I'd seen a number of Android device answers.

I too have been haven the same problem with green/black screen since last update. In my case it seems to happen when I a start shooting video. If I stop the video the screen clears up. I am using an iPad mini 4 128gb.

I too have been haven the same problem with green/black screen since last update. In my case it seems to happen when I a start shooting video. If I stop the video the screen clears up. I am using an iPad mini 4 128gb.
Also experiencing the same glitchy video using a week old P4P that is fully updated with the latest controller and aircraft firmware. The screen will be taken up by an intermittent green or black bar occupying a 1/4 to 1/2 of the screen. Sometimes the bottom portion, sometimes the top. I'm using a cellular iPad Mini 4 w/128 GB and shooting 4K60. I have switched out my cables connecting the RC to the iPad to ensure it wasn't a faulty cable. The video from the SD card on the aircraft is flawless, but trying to control and FPV is completely frustrating at this point.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.