Video editing software

You can find a list of commonly used video editing software here.

I have the Resolve 12.5 free version but it is complex but very good. Simple add-ons, titles, etc. then Corel VideoStudio.

For first run through, I'm growing to like ProDrenalin V2+ which you can get from B&H Photo in the USA for a bit cheaper and not get the foreign cash transaction fee added on too by buying it from their German website.

https://prodrenalin.com/prodrenalin-v2/

Gets rid of a lot of Jello wiggle and smooths it out overall, plus the adjustments are easier to understand than Resolve. Exports in a lot of formats too.

Hi all. I have an apple desktop. What video editing software is recommended? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
To get started you might want to try iMovie or Premiere Essentials...that way when you want to move up in complexity you have a natural growth path and a familiarity with the interface...

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I have been using Filmora for a few months to get my feet wet as far as video editing goes. It is a good starter software to learn basics on how video editing software works. But I'm now starting to learn Premier Pro. It is quite a learning curve. But I love what it can do.

If you are an apple guy and you are starting, definitely iMovie is the way to go, free and very capable. You can do some editing with the imovie app in your iphone or ipad as well. Once you master it, you can graduate to the Final Cut Pro!

I have PC. I have used three video editors without a lot a lot of love. I got Movai. It is the best, simple easy and lots of extras. You can use it right off.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have PC. I have used three video editors without a lot a lot of love. I got Movai. It is the best, simple easy and lots of extras. You can use it right off.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Is Movai totally free? I mean no trial that you have to buy later? It looks like it would be good to use.

What an incredible resource msinger has put together for everyone, it blows me away :)

As for editing, I've used Corel Video Studio (4 thru 9) and Pinnacle (6 thru 19) for many years on PC. They run between $39 and $89 depending. If you want to edit in 4K you'll need the later versions. Corel owns Pinnacle now and it's improved a lot since they bought it. I use both of them for different reasons (pros and cons to everything). Both have very intuitive UI and are easy to learn. I've never had too large of a budget to work with.

Also, for what it's worth, I custom built a PC three years ago just for editing .... no other activities other than video and photo editing and file exporting. I'm so glad I did this as I never dreamed how much resources are required for editing 4K and UHD. Good hardware will make any software work better :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.