Video editing software

I have actually used Go4 with full SD card files and it works except rendering is a multiple attempt affair - very hit & miss Great for when relaxing anywhere with iPad (air2) rather than sitting behind a desk.
I'm surprised you use Go4 on the iPad when there are free video editors available that are so much better and easier. If you don't have a PC or Mac, maybe that's why you're using iPad for this. You must have a lot of memory in that iPad. How are you loading the SD video onto the iPad? SD card adapter? I thought Go4 would only edit the 720 video from the iPad video cache, often glitchy from the Lightbridge connection. Are you sure you're editing 1080 SD video?

I'm surprised you use Go4 on the iPad when there are free video editors available that are so much better and easier. If you don't have a PC or Mac, maybe that's why you're using iPad for this. You must have a lot of memory in that iPad. How are you loading the SD video onto the iPad? SD card adapter? I thought Go4 would only edit the 720 video from the iPad video cache, often glitchy from the Lightbridge connection. Are you sure you're editing 1080 SD video?
Hi John,
I have just bought Corel Videostudio X10 Ultimate for €70 (for when want the many extra features or accurate timeline) but then have to sit behind a PC or take my laptop whereas I usually have my iPad air2 (standard memory) to hand wherever I am and find Go4 sufficient for most projects.
I know I'm using 4K files as I trf the GBs size file easily using a card reader (see link below) then when creating the project with Go4 editor and selecting the files to use, I always select 'local' which is the files in my iPad gallery (not in DJI cache folder).
Hope this helps.
OMARS® SD Card Reader with Lightning Connector, Support: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

The Go app editing s/w will only edit the 720 lightbridge video, which is garbage compared to the SD card video file.
I trf the 4K files from the SD card to my iPad photo/video gallery and when creating with Go4 app I ensure I select 'local' to find the 4K files and I get good hi-def results.

On a TABLET? You're going to be really hard pressed to edit video on a tablet. If you have access to a desktop with decent specs, davinci resolve is free and quite powerful.
Hi AyeYo... What would you suggest for windows 10??

For an editing program? If you have a new or powerful computer, you can't go wrong with DaVinci Resolve, it's free.
Thanks......i'll try it.....don't know how powerfull the one is though.......

If you aren't editing 4k footage any decent computer will handle it. If you're editing 4k, you'll probably need to get something more efficient like Premiere Pro. But in either case, it's free, so it's worth giving it a try.

If you aren't editing 4k footage any decent computer will handle it. If you're editing 4k, you'll probably need to get something more efficient like Premiere Pro. But in either case, it's free, so it's worth giving it a try.
I'm editing 4k.....so best maybe would be PP??

Not likely anything short of a very expensive workstation laptop will handle 4k, but try it out. I'm from Colorado.

Thanks my friend .....i'll try some f@&kin dinamite then .......cheers for now....South Africa

Reactions: AyeYo
Hey AyoYo..how do i introduce myself on this site? There is no place?? Only adds:-(. ..... Can you help??? Noowbie:-(

I downloaded it just last night and much to my disappointment there's an Opencl issue that precludes me from using it. It's insane how many nasty issues I now read about in their forum. You shouldn't get caught up in massive computer drivers issues just for free software, no matter how good it may be. DaVinci is very hit and miss as to whether it'll work for you or not. Be advised. I use magix (now a Sony product) movie edit pro. Inexpensive and very good, but it lacks what makes DaVinci so awesome, which is the deep and powerful coloring tools.

What type of issue w/ DaVinci? I've been using it on a Blackintosh for about 3 months now - it's stellar!

When editing 4K without a graphic accelerator in an i7 based Windows or Mac, that you use an editor that has the ability to create a proxy file (low resolution) for editing purposes. Otherwise your previews after every edit will be stop and go all the time, worthless. Premiere Pro supports that, but it's expensive to lease ($49/mo) the app from Adobe. Premiere Elements ($69) supports 4K, but does not support proxy files. You need a high end computer with a graphics accelerator to preview 4K editing when editing with Adobe Premiere Elements. There are other inexpensive editors that include proxy file generation, and I think Power Director does include that. You can read about how proxy files (shadow files) work and why they are needed here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20