Video editing software

On a TABLET? You're going to be really hard pressed to edit video on a tablet. If you have access to a desktop with decent specs, davinci resolve is free and quite powerful.

Reactions: Tomas Wangen
If you have a PC, Lightworks has a free version, which is actually very good. It has a lot of tools to help you edit your videos, including 4k videos. There are also a lot of tutorials on youtube to show you how to use it.

Reactions: bnsa and Simzy666
Blackmagic Design: DaVinci Resolve 12

Highly recommended and free. PC and Mac.
I downloaded it just last night and much to my disappointment there's an Opencl issue that precludes me from using it. It's insane how many nasty issues I now read about in their forum. You shouldn't get caught up in massive computer drivers issues just for free software, no matter how good it may be. DaVinci is very hit and miss as to whether it'll work for you or not. Be advised. I use magix (now a Sony product) movie edit pro. Inexpensive and very good, but it lacks what makes DaVinci so awesome, which is the deep and powerful coloring tools.

I think the tablet platform is really going to limit you to no more than very simplistic editing. Likewise, I know you won't want to run out an get Adobe Premiere CC or Final Cut and the PC hardware to support them....

A while back I did setup for a friend with an older Intel i7 laptop that I built on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) and the latest version of Kdenlive (Video editor), (All freeware) this runs at an acceptable speed and Kdenlive allows you to use proxy files so editing huge 4K files is not as burdensome. (btw, there is also a Windows port of Kdenlive)

Food for though anyway.

I've use Pinnacle Studio for over 10yrs on my PC. It works well for most hobbyist and YouTube requirements. Although it supports 4K, I only do 1080 video editing, as that's good enough for my purposes so far. It includes 4wks of free video training, which is enough to make you fairly competent at editing and grading video. It's under $100.

I thought there was editing software on the app ????? Just looked at the specs for Davinci, That takes up a load of space ! Is something that big the minimum requirement ???? I have a gaming desk top, I was planning on using that for editing because of the video card. I really don't want to overload it !! (read that as, slow it down while I play Golf online)

I thought there was editing software on the app ????? Just looked at the specs for Davinci, That takes up a load of space ! Is something that big the minimum requirement ???? I have a gaming desk top, I was planning on using that for editing because of the video card. I really don't want to overload it !! (read that as, slow it down while I play Golf online)
How much space do you consider "a load of space"? A few videos will be larger than the app. The Gaming PC is ideal for fast render, needed for 4K, and those files will be huge. For 1080 video you don't need a gaming PC, most any PC within 4yrs old with an i5 CPU will suffice just fine.

The Go app editing s/w will only edit the 720 lightbridge video, which is garbage compared to the SD card video file. The lightbridge transmitted video is only good for a quick glance to someone, or to review what you captured to insure you got the shot you wanted. 720 video not what you want to show people, it's unimpressive, especially when you lose connection during the flight.

Last edited:
How much space to consider a load of space? A few videos will be larger than the app. The Gaming PC is ideal for fast render, needed for 4K, and those files will be huge. For 1080 video you don't need a gaming PC, most any PC within 4yrs old with an i5 CPU will suffice just fine.

The Go app editing s/w will only edit the 720 lightbridge video, which is garbage compared to the SD card video file. The lightbridge transmitted video is only good for a quick glance to someone, or to review what you captured to insure you got the shot you wanted. 720 video not what you want to show people, it's unimpressive, especially when you lose connection during the flight.

I have actually used Go4 with full SD card files and it works except rendering is a multiple attempt affair - very hit & miss Great for when relaxing anywhere with iPad (air2) rather than sitting behind a desk.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj