Very Loud Beeping

Reaction score
Ok so I've run into some issues that have left my Phantom useable. I'm not sure what had happened but everything went south when I decided to do the magic power mod. After I did it I was unable to get wifi to show up on my Nvidia Shield K1 but was able to pick it up on my iPhone. So then I decided to put the remote back to factory. Everything seemed fine except when I turn the aircraft on its just beeping very loud nonstop. No matter what I did the bird just beeps. It's much louder than the beep when you do an update. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

So I tried to update firmware today and it all went horribly wrong. Super loud beeping went on and on. Pets were freaking out. Wife got peeved. It was tense. Finally pieced together these factors and fixed it. Not sure which ones mattered or helped, but in the end after a couple hours it got fixed and my P3S finally stopped screaming at me. Here is what I did: (1) Delete apps on iPad to make lots of room for update download. (2) Deleted and reinstalled DJI Go on iPad. (3) Formatted SD card while it was loaded in drone using DJI Go app (4) removed SD card from drone and put in computer and downloaded newest firmware bin file (downloaded from link provided by msinger above - thanks!) into hidden misc folder on sd card (5) shut everything off - AC, RC iPad - and started RC, then iPad, then connected Wifi to RC (6) then with fresh battery in AC started it up, then it connected to DJI Go, and . . . Voila! Got the firmware update message again in DJI Go and (7) then downloaded the update and followed the instructions on the DJI Go app and completed the update successfully! The horrible beeping stopped about half way through and it changed to the nice low click beeping and finished the update in about half an hour. Now once again it just works! I really think DJI needs to get their act together in that (a) there was no actual firmware bin file to download on the P3S download page - just documents, and (b) their instructions for the firmware update skips a lot of steps and assume you know a lot that is not written there and (c) they should provide weekend support in the US as this is a hobby for most people who work during the week and fly (and have problems) on the weekends. That said, I love my drone and think it is an awesome product even if the support is sketchy. Fly on!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had this very loud beeping after a failed firmware update yesterday after receiving my PS3. I had no idea what was going on and it sounded like a siren going off. Like you, dogs went crazy and wife was perturbed. Lol

It stopped the loud beeps after doing the firmware update a second time. But the siren literally went off for about 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yep me too. First update failed, then on second try it worked but with about 15 minutes of "Sirens from Hell":) - now all is good.......

Well I loaded a old 1.7 firmware onto a sd card and let it make its terrible noise for about a half hour and all seems too be well. I am now letting it upgrade to 1.8.10 from the app. Will see what happens. Thanks for the help.

Well I loaded a old 1.7 firmware onto a sd card and let it make its terrible noise for about a half hour and all seems too be well. I am now letting it upgrade to 1.8.10 from the app. Will see what happens. Thanks for the help.
Why not leave it / test it at 1.7 ?

Rod

Why not leave it / test it at 1.7 ?

Rod

I didn't have any issues with 1.8.10 it was just when I started doing the magic power mod I had issues. Not sure what I did wrong other than maybe the auto scan changed. Is 1.7 better?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31