Very little range

Reaction score
I've got a problem. I picked up a Phantom 3 standard with very little time on it. It has been updated with the latest firmware. I can barely get 300' of range out of it. I can control the craft, but telemetry and video coming back is very sketchy.

Got any ideas on how to fix this?

Welcome to the Forum!

#1 It does not try to RTH?
#2 The video is clear close to you?
#3 Telemetry is sketchy? does it get better when it is close to you?
#4 What are you using for a mobile device?

Rod

Oh the Joy's of wifi :),some are good , some are terrible, got mine back in 2016 and same but had rth with it wifi issue, now remote has cheap upgrade to triple argtec antennas and only still good for the 1km mark,any further I lose signal,,worked awsome with the p4 panel being 2.4 but again lost transmission since that 5.8..make sure to almost aim remote ,it only has one poor antenna externally..instead of fighting with it ,look into moding the remote,,p3s is very easy to do and you will get to have decent flights with good live view,,,as I said some go good and some dont cut it,,$$$$$$ game,,it is law to keep line of sight but having gear makes it trouble free without panic stations

Welcome to the Forum!

#1 It does not try to RTH?
#2 The video is clear close to you?
#3 Telemetry is sketchy? does it get better when it is close to you?
#4 What are you using for a mobile device?

Rod

1. The RTH prompt does pop up. It seems to work fine. Tried it the first time then cancelled once signal was restored.

2. Video is still sketchy. It takes several minutes for the video to initially sync sometimes. However it will restore when closer, but it lags most of the time.

3. Telemetry is similar to the video described above.

4. Pixel 3

I have been having a problem with mine also, Got my P4p in July, it worked fine until this week, I lose my video feed but can still fly the drone. I just can not see where I am going.
It also said I was in class E air space although I was clearly out of any restricted air space according to Kittyhawk.

At least try the little gold reflectors on your antennas. They’re cheap and they do work. And always remember to get away from as much interference as possible. Enjoy

Is it telling you you have strong interference or weak signal? A few weeks ago there was another thread talking of the same thing. I was interested because my phantom 4 was also showing weak signal when it was only a few 100 feet away. The thread talked about rebinding your remote to your drone . I did this twice and it works for me . No more weak signal. This happened after a update to mine . Just a suggestion.Hope it works for you.

Is this the same thing that the DJI tutorial on youtube describes?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic