Vertical black lines in footage

Reaction score
Hi all! My P3P is having some issues with vertical black lines while recording video. The lines only appear in high contrast areas and look like an over exposure warning but they are present in the final saved video. Heres a sample from 2 hours ago:

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tT9k_x-0a8&feature=youtu.be

The ribbon cable got a bit jostled around over the weekend but this looks like it could be a software issue.. or a sensor problem.. I've contacted DJI but i'd like other peoples opinions. My ribbon cable has very slight damage so it may be the culprit. I've already got a replacement cable from ATKdrones but have yet to install it. I bought the P3P used for a very resonable price through a licensed vendor so im not sure of any warranty i might have. Should i replace the ribbon cable myself and void any warranty i might have? Should i ship the camera off to DJI or other repair shop? Maybe its a software issue that can be fixed? What do you think- ribbon cable, camera, or software? Should i go in and try to fix the ribbon cable? Thanks!

Hi all! My P3P is having some issues with vertical black lines while recording video. The lines only appear in high contrast areas and look like an over exposure warning but they are present in the final saved video. Heres a sample from 2 hours ago:

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tT9k_x-0a8&feature=youtu.be

The ribbon cable got a bit jostled around over the weekend but this looks like it could be a software issue.. or a sensor problem.. I've contacted DJI but i'd like other peoples opinions. My ribbon cable has very slight damage so it may be the culprit. I've already got a replacement cable from ATKdrones but have yet to install it. I bought the P3P used for a very resonable price through a licensed vendor so im not sure of any warranty i might have. Should i replace the ribbon cable myself and void any warranty i might have? Should i ship the camera off to DJI or other repair shop? Maybe its a software issue that can be fixed? What do you think- ribbon cable, camera, or software? Should i go in and try to fix the ribbon cable? Thanks!
Go to your camera settings in DJI Go App click on MORE then check OFF "Overexposure Warning"

Lonewolf, that setting does not affect the recorded video. Those zebra lines only appear within the DJI GO app.

I'm not sure how the ribon cable would do this, you might easily make things worse trying to replace that but if you can do it you've eliminated the feeling the bump caused it.
Have you tried a full camera reset from the app?

I did the camera reset this morning and it worked to some degree! the vertical black lines are still visible in overexposed areas but the camera seems to be reacting more quickly and there are way less lines. heres a test video i shot at 1pm, ill shoot another around sunset to compare to yesterdays footage.

from another thread i read some guy send his camera back to DJI and they charged $491 to replace the whole camera/gimbal and he had to wait all that time..

I'm thinking about switching out the ribbon wire still, it could be damaged and just a shitty connection causing all that noise on the white channel.. if i do spend the money to switch the whole camera i think ill do it myself instead of ship to DJI to save time because you sure as hell dont save $.

The thing is, switching that ribbon is not a simple job and there's a risk you'll not get it going again, or damage something else trying.
On top of that there's not much evidence there's anything wrong with the cable.
If there was obvious damage and not working at all, then by all means try to do it.
You could try making sure connectors are fully seated as a more conservative option.

I would probably just put up with it being 95% OK - as it is now you could live with it.
Maybe next time firmware updates it will magically fix it.

I have the same black lines running vertical. Its obviously a chipset that has over heated. I have zero crashes and a perfect ribbon cable. I have less than an hour of flight time on my bird and am not happy about this. I repair these all day long when they crash but to have my own bird do this with no damage incurred makes me very upset.

Here is my back ground on repairing these things and this is not my first DJI rodeo. I love their products but they just manufacture them so marginal. I will come up with a fix for this.

USdronerepair

I have the same black lines running vertical. Its obviously a chipset that has over heated. I have zero crashes and a perfect ribbon cable. I have less than an hour of flight time on my bird and am not happy about this. I repair these all day long when they crash but to have my own bird do this with no damage incurred makes me very upset.

Here is my back ground on repairing these things and this is not my first DJI rodeo. I love their products but they just manufacture them so marginal. I will come up with a fix for this.

USdronerepair

Awesome Web site and business Burlbark! Please keep me updated with any fix you may discover so I can attempt it on my own or maybe ship to your company for repair! I agree DJI products are awesome but I bought this thing just for photography and video so I'm bummed.. also, do you have the white digital noise that is present in dark and under exposed areas like mine does?

Reactions: davidromero
I have the same problem. Black lines on the bright surfaces, also white sparkles/dots in black areas. I am running 1.4 firmware. My P3A is one week old and never crashed. Reset of camera helps only for a while. Help is needed here guyz.

Reactions: EsteeNJ
Nice the problem has great chance to be solved. DJI tech support from Hong Kong agreed to exchange whole gimbal camera set. By the way I bought it via Hong Kong Helipal. They recognized this issue in a second. Funny in parallel I made an official mail to european service and did not even get the reply. They neede for the decision just one shot of raw file. I will keep you informed.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Reactions: EsteeNJ
Month ago camera has been replaced for new one for free by DJI service team Europe. Works grate.

Wysłane z iPad za pomocą Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl