Verifly update?

Reaction score
I'm keeping a hopeful eye on what they said would be all states, most particularly NY, covered by years end. Any further word on this being reality? This is pretty serious to being able to make commitments in the upcoming months. Thanks for any insights, if Verifly is reading.

I'm keeping a hopeful eye on what they said would be all states, most particularly NY, covered by years end. Any further word on this being reality? This is pretty serious to being able to make commitments in the upcoming months. Thanks for any insights, if Verifly is reading.
Verifly is now approved in 47 states. Missouri will go live on 1/1/2017. We are in active discussions with the remaining three states (NY, IL, MN) and hope to have them online early in the New Year. It's hard to be more specific given that the states move at their own pace. We're looking forward to coast to coast coverage next year!

Reactions: microraptor
Thanks for the update but a "hope" for early next year in NY is actually disappointing. Not feeling too confident at this point. I hope I can use Verifly when I need to. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for your efforts.

Verifly is now approved in 47 states. Missouri will go live on 1/1/2017. We are in active discussions with the remaining three states (NY, IL, MN) and hope to have them online early in the New Year. It's hard to be more specific given that the states move at their own pace. We're looking forward to coast to coast coverage next year!
Speaking of future enhancements, do you have an update on the expanded coverage of 2.5 M and also 1/2 mile radius?

Speaking of future enhancements, do you have an update on the expanded coverage of 2.5 M and also 1/2 mile radius?
We are working on this as we speak and targeting a January launch. We are also including self-certification for airports / heliports / stadia and 4 and 8 hour policies, so it is a big update. Thanks for your patience.

Reactions: InforGuy
Thanks for the update but a "hope" for early next year in NY is actually disappointing. Not feeling too confident at this point. I hope I can use Verifly when I need to. I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for your efforts.
We totally understand your frustration. Verifly is *based* in NYC and New York is one of the last states in the country to approve it. The issue is that a product as groundbreaking as Verifly requires a brand new type of insurance policy, which means it has to be approved by state insurance commission. Each state has its own process and none will give timetables for its review. We have found with other states that having potential users reviewing the policy Verifly arranges can be helpful in moving things along. The e-mail for NYS DFS is NYSDFS: Email an Insurance Question.

Hope this helps.

Jay

We totally understand your frustration. Verifly is *based* in NYC and New York is one of the last states in the country to approve it. The issue is that a product as groundbreaking as Verifly requires a brand new type of insurance policy, which means it has to be approved by state insurance commission. Each state has its own process and none will give timetables for its review. We have found with other states that having potential users reviewing the policy Verifly arranges can be helpful in moving things along. The e-mail for NYS DFS is NYSDFS: Email an Insurance Question.

Hope this helps.

Jay
Hi Jay, I did just that with the link you provided. I hope it can help you and us get this up and running in NY faster. Hope so! I subscribed in the app to get notification and I'm hoping it comes very soon!

On "Drone Valley" with Rick, on You Tube , there is a good video on the Verify app. This definitely seems to be a good way to get started. IMO Drone Valley with Rick is a great Drone informational video series with all kinds of drone information. You can just type in ( Drone Valley You Tube) The flick is titled ,"Out in the field with Verify".

Quick update - we are still waiting on New York but we pushed Minnesota and Missouri live this week...

No word yet on NY, ey? :(

Quick update - we are still waiting on New York but we pushed Minnesota and Missouri live this week...
Wait, you'll cover night ops in NY right? I'm 107 certified with a daylight waiver. Night ops is crucial for me and what I film. Hope I can still use verifly.

I'm in a NY state of mind. Anything?

Darn. As I asked earlier, will the app support night flights? I'm 107 with a daylight waiver.

Has there been any word on when Verifly might be available in NYS? I sent the NYSDFS an email last month trying to push them on the issue, but just received a generic "we're forwarding that to the proper dept" reply. I'll copy what I sent them below.

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, I'm starting a sUAV (small unmanned aerial vehicle...aka,
drone) business here in NYS and am a NYS resident. I have been hoping to use the NYS-based company Verifly to meet my business insurance needs. As a small business owner, their innovative model of providing insurance by the hour will reduce startup costs considerably. The fact that this is inaccessible to my business is impeding progress.

Every other state has already approved Verifly's hourly insurance paradigm for the commercial use of UAVs. The fact that NY has not approved this is hindering a new innovative industry to the detriment of NYS consumers and stifling the burgeoning drone industry in NYS.

Please consider following all 49 other states in approving Verifly's business model.

This will benefit NY consumers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic