Using US power supply in OZ

Reaction score
HI Guys

I had shipped DJI Phantom 4 to AUstralia and just want to know if I can just use a cheap ($5) Aus to US adapter to charge batterires or do I need something else ...I assume the DJI power supply is internally regulated to accept Aus voltage and will work ...but just checking.

Cheers

cistec

You can probably just change the lead, or cut the plug off and fit your own.
It copes with either voltage
Either option would be better than an adapter.
I have the opposite issue in that I frequently bring electrical (Australian) electrical gear to the USA. Almost all chargers etc are universal and work on anything from 110 to 240v. So I just use a couple of adaptors to charge phones, cameras and computers. I'm sure the reverse is also true. The only devices that don't work are those that are either voltage or frequency sensitive. For example we once brought a travel iron to the US but at 115v it wouldn't heat up.

I have the opposite issue in that I frequently bring electrical (Australian) electrical gear to the USA. Almost all chargers etc are universal and work on anything from 110 to 240v. So I just use a couple of adaptors to charge phones, cameras and computers. I'm sure the reverse is also true. The only devices that don't work are those that are either voltage or frequency sensitive. For example we once brought a travel iron to the US but at 115v it wouldn't heat up.

Yep, the only issues I have overseas are specifically rated voltage devices that don't work. As for the frequency concerns, Australia is 50Hz and a lot of places in Asia are 60Hz, not a problem for the universal voltage non-frequency dependent devices but sure as hell play havoc with anything that has a rotating component.

Hmmmmm ok! I will do make sure I get the right adaptor ...I think I have sorted it out with another Drone user who has guided me to use a universal good quality adaptor which he uses with no problem.

Thanks to all that replied. Its appreciated.

cistec

Hmmmmm ok! I will do make sure I get the right adaptor ...I think I have sorted it out with another Drone user who has guided me to use a universal good quality adaptor which he uses with no problem.

Thanks to all that replied. Its appreciated.

cistec
Buy 1 travel adaptor converter. Buy a USA 6xpower board. Use the adaptor on the power board. Now you can charge your laptop/phone/drone/DSLR etc. Just make sure all your devices are 110-240v.

It's just the charger has one of those 8 style leads which plugs in and you might already have a US lead in that style - since a lot of things these days have at least two alternatives included.
When you have chance to charge things up adapter space might be taken up with outer stuff like phones.

Hi, I just brought a P4 back from USA to Aus and it works fine. Just change the cord that plugs int the adaptor. It's just a figure 8 cord. Get one from any old stuff you have laying around or get one from Jacar

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I just came back from the Cook Islands which uses Australian plugs and voltages. Everything worked fine. You should be good to go with a plug adapter. The power supplies used as switching power supplies and work with a range of voltages.

Well that sorted thanks Guys and to all that posted on this subject..Now gotta work out this Garmin GLO (GPS) for my Wifi only IPAD4.

cistec

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues