Using the Note 4 and the Gear VR with Phantom 3

Reaction score
Hello all.

So I am waiting for UPS to show up with my new Phantom 3.

Kind of curious if anyone has used the Note 4 and the Gear VR to view the FPV video from the Phantom? I am sure it would be best if someone besides the person with this unit strapped to their head were flying but it seems like it would be really awesome.

thanks in advance for your input

Chuck

It can't be done because the usb cable needs to plugged from the controller into the phone which means you can't plug the phone then into vr goggles

Reactions: jlo
The goggle ARE the phone. So it would work. But you cant do any on screen functions while wearing them.

Gear VR is nothing but a box that holds a phone. The other issue would be focal distance and terrible double vision! Realistically... 100% worthless. But an interesting thought

The goggle ARE the phone. So it would work. But you cant do any on screen functions while wearing them.

Gear VR is nothing but a box that holds a phone. The other issue would be focal distance and terrible double vision! Realistically... 100% worthless. But an interesting thought
How do you plug the cable from the tx into the phone so it receives the video and telemetry? You can't because the phones micro usb input is being used by the vr goggles........

The Gear VR Innovator Edition has a second USB port. At this point its unsure if it will allow a second USP stream. What is documented it that it is only a charging port. But Ive also seen talk about using other devices connected to it. We wont know till it is released for sure

Humm, that will take some investigating. I have been thinking about getting the VR Innovator Edition and modifying it to fit my Note 4 due to the USB port. I have been a few months with the Leap Motion Controller Android Alpha doing some integration work but have been using a USB hub and Cardboard apps. I will need to see how all of the different bits may be able to fit together. Must go fly right now though, the battery is charged. lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20