Using Naza M with Lumenier ESCs

Reaction score
To the brain trust:

I'm flying a mini quad using a DJI package (Naza M, receiver and transmitter). The ESCs came as a package from Lumenier (they're the Lumenier 12 amp escs with SimonK firmware). This system works, but there are some "glitches" I see and hear that leads me to believe that I need to calibrate the Naza and escs so they talk to each other properly. On DJI stuff, it's all done automatically (ie, Naza and DJI escs). How does one calibrate someone else's escs to work with the Naza M?

Thanks..I'm looking at it as I write this reply. You're right-it's not intuitive at all, and somewhat confusing. Looks like I will have to query Lumenier and get the specs for their ESCs which should be no big deal. DJI tells you what you have to do, but they don't tell you how to do it-that's where I'm confused. How the hell do you calibrate the ESCs through the receiver? My DJI receiver only has one connection which goes to the Naza (and through which it gets its power). I'm lost as to how I can hook up the ESC directly to the receiver without some kind of power for both. DJI's instructions are clear as mud!

A bit of intuition based on my past experiences regarding the receiver requirement is that you need to 'run' the ESC through the entire PWM control input range much like stick calibration in the RC and P2 Assistants thus calibrating the ESC.
Additionally there are those other settings you noticed which would require ESC info as to how to set those IF they are even available on your particular ESCs. (center, refresh, braking, etc.)

Thanks..I've sent a query to the guys at GetFPV (since they're the ones who sold me the parts) about calibration between their ESCs and the Naza. Hopefully I'll get a reply today and be able to move forward. Understand that my bird does fly, but there's some weirdness to it that I can't pin down, and I'm thinking of everything that comes to mind. I started this build with the CC3D and use their software to set it up (that's where I saw how to set the ESCs). I'll have to go back through the Naza assistant and see if I can figure this out from the Naza's standpoint. Thanks much for the info-it's all a learning experience, and boy howdy, am I learning a lot?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers