Using a P3A vs P3S?

Rip

Reaction score
Bought a P3S a few days ago, read the manual, flew it a handful of times and quickly realised that I needed a P3A in my life instead, I've just picked one up, not even connected it to the app yet, I'll read the manual at work tomorrow but so far there are some obvious differences to the controller for instance, so:

What are the main differences when actually operating the P3A compared to the P3S? Not looking for a complete breakdown of every technical difference BTW, just any differences to how they operate.

A few things to note - all good....

Easier to get and fit ND filters.
Better controller - all the controls at your fingertips
No range anxiety
Glonass satellite locks - a lot better GPS hold
Downward VPS - better position hold and hover
Cable to the device - a better live feed
A proper device holder - big enough for a iPad Air 2 - even with a thin case on
Less likely to get the constant interference warnings (I don't think I ever got one on my P3A)
A more reliable compass (in my experience)

A few things to note - all good....

Easier to get and fit ND filters.
Better controller - all the controls at your fingertips
No range anxiety
Glonass satellite locks - a lot better GPS hold
Downward VPS - better position hold and hover
Cable to the device - a better live feed
A proper device holder - big enough for a iPad Air 2 - even with a thin case on
Less likely to get the constant interference warnings (I don't think I ever got one on my P3A)
A more reliable compass (in my experience)

It sounds much better than the Standard! I guess I connect my tablet/phone via the normal USB connector on the aircraft and not the micro USB?

Correct, the same cable you charge with. I purchased a couple of these to keep in my flight cases: http://amzn.eu/6jgnyDE

They have worked well and are the correct length (and not too long). - They are for Apple, so depends what device you will use.

Correct, the same cable you charge with. I purchased a couple of these to keep in my flight cases: http://amzn.eu/6jgnyDE

They have worked well and are the correct length (and not too long). - They are for Apple, so depends what device you will use.

Well I do have an iPhone BUT I was planning on using my Samsung tablet for flying as the screen is bigger and the battery will last longer, I guess I connect that the same way with its relevant cable? Any reason why the Samsung wouldn't be as good as the Apple for flying the Phantom?

Well I do have an iPhone BUT I was planning on using my Samsung tablet for flying as the screen is bigger and the battery will last longer, I guess I connect that the same way with its relevant cable? Any reason why the Samsung wouldn't be as good as the Apple for flying the Phantom?
That depends on several factors, primarily processor speed and available ram. Take a look at the spec's for the device and compare. Also, Android is sometimes picky as to what device will work at all. Just something to look at first.

Off the top of my head mine has 2GB RAM and a quad core 1.6GHz CPU. I'll check the list thanks.

It's a 2016 Samsung Tab A 10.1"

It's a 2016 Samsung Tab A 10.1"
A Samsung Tab A will work, but is finiky at times. I have both a Tab A 6 and a Tab S2-8. I use GO on the Tab A for only maintenance, and fly primarily with Litchi on the Tab S2-8. For what that info is worth.

Well my particular tablet isn't on the list of recommended devices, typical. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

A Samsung Tab A will work, but is finiky at times. I have both a Tab A 6 and a Tab S2-8. I use GO on the Tab A for only maintenance, and fly primarily with Litchi on the Tab S2-8. For what that info is worth.
Thanks, I'm new to this so I need to stick with DJI GO for now, I'll see how it goes.

Thanks, I'm new to this so I need to stick with DJI GO for now, I'll see how it goes.
And that's what you should do. As I said the Tab A should work for you, at least to start with and using GO. You may experience some slight video lag but not enough to cause a big issue really. That is the reason I switched to a different tablet, because of that slight lag. Good luck and enjoy the ride!!

And that's what you should do. As I said the Tab A should work for you, at least to start with and using GO. You may experience some slight video lag but not enough to cause a big issue really. That is the reason I switched to a different tablet, because of that slight lag. Good luck and enjoy the ride!!
Thanks!

I was originally going to buy a P3S but after some reading (actually a lot of reading) I realized that the P3A is the better purchase especially if I really enjoy the hobby but don’t want to upgrade ASAP.

I was originally going to buy a P3S but after some reading (actually a lot of reading) I realized that the P3A is the better purchase especially if I really enjoy the hobby but don’t want to upgrade ASAP.
Yeah definitely, I'm new to Quads but I'm not at all new to RC, I've pretty much owned every other type or RC device so the P3S just wasn't quite enough for me. I've not had a chance to fly my P3A yet but so far just looking at it and reading about it I can see it's quite a different beast. I actually only paid £50 more it than I did for the P3S too! I got a really good deal.

The P3S is just a slightly better version of the P2V+,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72