Updates to Go app or P3A

Reaction score
I've just bought a P3A a couple of weeks ago.
So far everything has gone fine and I've flown the machine a handful of times with no problems apart from those that were self induced ;)
One thing I have noticed since joining a couple of forums is the huge problem a lot of people have after carrying out updates. Are all these problems due to updating the machine's software or are there problems with the GO app updates too?
I've also read that some updates have become mandatory before flight can resume, and have seen the post which instructs users to alter some Go app files and prevent update advisories via the app and the requirement to install the mandatory updates.
I would be interested to know what the more experienced forum members think, as the last thing I want is an update induced flight problem or worse, a dead machine.
If I decided to alter the GO app files to prevent reminders of updates (mandatory or otherwise), and then eventually carried out a manual update enquiry, would I then be in the same boat i.e. No flight before a mandatory update, if one were due?
btw, when the app is up and running I'm sure I've seen a screen message that I have the latest firmware installed, obviously installed by the PO.

Last edited:
Firmware updates are always optional. I am still flying with 2 year old firmware and have had no issues with new app versions, either with GO or with Litchi ( Which the latter I use almost exclusively) . If it flies to your satisfaction, leave it alone. As far as I know there are no new updates for the P3P or the P3A, nor will there be.

I agree with Fly Dawg. If its working without any issues leave it alone. Don't fix it if it isn't broke. I haven't updated in over a year. I always keep my tablet in airplane mode so I don't get any alerts about updates.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1