Using a different camera.

Reaction score
From the photos of the P3, it looks like different cameras could be used with minor modifications. I saw this asked on the dji forum and of course they gave a bs answer.
I have 5 different cameras plus transmitters that I use on a P2. I'm looking to add flir.
The P2 is a great drone ( large payload , good flight time ) but I need flight path programming. After exhaustive research, I believe the P3 is an affordable possibility.
There are some very expensive alternatives.
PS: UgCS website says they support P2 but they don't. Thanks.

Ph3 Std uses a different channel for video, and different for control. Video transmitter is within gimbal casing. So you can replace the whole gimbal with your own tech, no issues.

Well, maybe one issue, pairing the drone to RC will not work until your camera is back on it. But if you don't un-pair, you will never have to do this.

You won't see the video in Go app, of course. Unless you find a way to emulate Ph3 std wifi video transmission on another hardware. It's doable, for someone with a lot of time and technical knowledge.

Thanks quaddamage. If I understand you, I need to pair with the RC before removing the camera. Since I don't understand the full use of this video channel, I need to study the flight path programming apps unless you can assure me that they don't use anything on that channel. I have myown video cams and transmitters.

I need to study the flight path programming apps unless you can assure me that they don't use anything on that channel. I have myown video cams and transmitters.
Video channel is only used for h.264 compressed video stream transmission. By removing the camera you also lose capabilities to move gimbal, to make photos and record videos using your RC. But the commands to do such things will get to the drone, and will be sent to the UART wires which were originally connected to camera. They will just not result in any action because there is no camera/gimbal connected there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31