Used my Phantom to assist local law enforement this weekend.

Re: Used my Phantom to assist local law enforement this week

UncleMeat, If you have a nice power washer, my house siding and my trucks need washed. I could do it by hand, but it would be better to watch you do it for me with your fancy power washer.

I bet flying over the scene was a lot of fun, I don't think your a sucker. But the person whose job you were doing probably really... "Appreciated" it... Most employers provide their workers with all the tools necessary to do their job, and I don't think law enforcement is an exception.

Nothing more than my opinion, not bashing law enforcement, just bashing... Opportunists.

tawd77 said:
UncleMeat, If you have a nice power washer, my house siding and my trucks need washed. I could do it by hand, but it would be better to watch you do it for me with your fancy power washer.

I bet flying over the scene was a lot of fun, I don't think your a sucker. But the person whose job you were doing probably really... "Appreciated" it... Most employers provide their workers with all the tools necessary to do their job, and I don't think law enforcement is an exception.

Nothing more than my opinion, not bashing law enforcement, just bashing... Opportunists.

I live in a pretty small town so the local police department doesn't have a lot of resources I'm betting. However I did just receive an email back from the investigator....

Thank you, That is exactly what I wanted to see. My intrest is in B. not sure yet how they accessed the roof, there are many ladders to choose from. Still need to talk to some of the witnesses. Again thanks. I am going to use this info and picture to try and get us a quad chopper for stuff like this or wooded areas.

U.M.

tawd77 said:

You are right, they do have the resources...they call the fire department for a ladder truck to get them up on that roof. Then that equipment is tied up when the fire call comes out with maybe lives in danger, so what is the reasonable thing to do? The Police use the kind offer from the civilian with a specialized piece of equipment to help them.....how can any reasonable, thinking man criticize that?

Great job UM, I think you absolutely did the right thing. Beyond helping with the safety on-scene, you've created some great PR and probably a better understanding and respect among the officers and staff in that department for the hobby we all love. So I guess that makes YOU the "opportunist" :lol:

Was this in the US, or...?

Great job. Life is about "Helping" not "Hindering".

OI Photography said:
Great job UM, I think you absolutely did the right thing. Beyond helping with the safety on-scene, you've created some great PR and probably a better understanding and respect among the officers and staff in that department for the hobby we all love. So I guess that makes YOU the "opportunist" :lol:

Was this in the US, or...?
Yup. Prattville Alabama. Here is the news article about it: http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/art ... Eagle-roof

Here's what the place looks like from ground view.

Photo98062o.jpg

68gtconv said:
Not sure you could legally accept the sticker as that might be construed as compensation in which case you would be subject to prosecution for using your phantom for commercial purposes.

didn't you hear? A NTSB judge ruled that there are no laws against model aircraft....

I'm not trying to start a full blown debate. Its nothing more than my opinion. I will hug the next officer I see.... I promise.

Great job helping out, we need more people like you willling to help each other in any way they can to offer assistance.

Shrimpfarmer said:
Some people just hate the police. Having been one for 30 years I can assure them the feeling is mutual. All I can say is I met many many more people willing to help me. The ones who didn't tended to be the people we were dealing with. Well done to the OP for helping, its what I would call a win win.

It must have a lot to do with the side of the law you grow up on. I'm a council member in the small town where I live. I was having a discussion with our police chief about the possibility of some community interaction and he basically told me many people don't like the police (ours is a fairly quiet, suburban community). I was astounded! He went on to say that even folks (he didn't name names) who claim to be all about law and order want nothing to do with them. Again, I'm astounded. I don't know that many officers personally and (I guess happily) haven't had that many professional interactions with them, but I've yet to run into one that wasn't professional, if not downright cordial (well, maybe one that was having a bad day - or just had no personality). I'm sure there are some bad eggs ... the "normal distribution" pretty much guarantees that in any large population ... but I believe the majority are decent sorts deserving of our gratitude - and assistance. It can be a thankless job.

You were absolutely right to help 'em out.

I'll add my 2 cents. A real shame to see a few of those comments. Glad you helped them out, I would have done the same thing and would have been proud to do it. Sometimes it's nice to use our talents for things other than just dicking around and posting videos on YouTube. Nicely done.

I have what I think is a reasonable amount of disdain for police. I've been at a protest where people were cavalry charged for sitting down, because some politicians decided that we no longer had rights and I've paid a bribe to a group of corrupt police in a developing country and seen the effects of that kind of 'policing' on a society (Ukraine).

But ... that said, I try to be helpful and polite to them on the assumption that most are actually trying to do their jobs, in a culture that can breed a lot of negative examples. Maybe things are easier here in Australia (unless politicians disagree with you) but I can't understand how you guys could be so negative about helping out law enforcement in this way. A kid died ... I'd be more than willing to try to help them figure out how ... so long as I didn't have to do any of the things that stopped me from being a police officer in the first place (creative use of phone books, interaction with the dead, stand over tactics).

most cops are decent, 10% are the ones picked on in high school who now want to get the chance to bully others.

But if i could help them out so that they are reinforced with a positive image of the drone instead of all the negative publicity that follows them, well then thats a good thing. And who knows it may help you out of a speeding ticket or something in the future?

the FAA though. those imbeciles, if anyone ever comes up to you and says "Im from the FAA i am here to help", get a lawyer

Well.... Hawkeye if you really believe that bullsh_t you just said..... why don't you come try and break in my house....... were going to see whos got balls and who dials 911......because I sure wont be dialing 911........ don't be ignorant!!!!!!!!

MacDaddy said:
Well.... Hawkeye if you really believe that bullsh_t you just said..... why don't you come try and break in my house....... were going to see whos got balls and who dials 911......because I sure wont be dialing 911........ don't be ignorant!!!!!!!![/quote

What in Christ's name are you talking about? Apparently you have missed a dose or two of your medication

Hawkeye really...... "medication" this is what you posted hawkeye .....

These flamers of the police would be the first ones to dial 911 if someone was breaking into their house. In my experience, the ones that criticize the police the most are the ones that don't have the balls to do the job themselves !
Hawkeye 1 Posts: 13

So now that I have had to remind you of what you are saying out here, really concerns me to the validity of anything you say...... Your starting to sound like a ranting woman.

And your point is? Apparently something I said bothered you and one would wonder why that is....for some reason or other, you are trying to start a flame war and I don't want to play. Go find someone else who has nothing better to do than to play your troll games. Good luck and have fun !

MacDaddy said:
Well.... Hawkeye if you really believe that bullsh_t you just said..... why don't you come try and break in my house....... were going to see whos got balls and who dials 911......because I sure wont be dialing 911........ don't be ignorant!!!!!!!!

LOL, That was unexpected! Never play on the computer when you still have Methamphetamine in your system. Once you come down, check back in and see if this still makes sense to you Macdaddy. :shock:

Uncle Meat said:
Wow, so much disdain for our law enforcement. :x No wonder our country is going to crap. Unlike so many of you I tend to enjoy helping people. Them being law enforcement makes it even better. Sucker or not I have karma on my side.

U.M.

You did the right thing! I was raised, and raised my boys to respect men and women who serve in the military and who put their lives on the line for us be it police, fire you name it. If I could ever be of service I would count it an honor. If that makes me a sucker that is fine. I would rather be called a name than called to account.

Seems respect and integrity is truly dying in many places. Thank you for doing your part to keep it alive!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik