Upwards Drift

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have a Phantom 2 Vision

I've recently upgraded all firmware on the phantom as well as the remote and changed it to Nazza in order to activate the IOC then did a recalibration. Everything seems to work except that when I tested it out in my apartment (a somewhat controlled environment) it automatically wants to fly upwards.

Both S1 and S2 are all the way up.

Initially when I turn it on it goes through the light routine then blinks one green and 3 red meaning its in gps mode and no satellites. Next I flew it off the ground a little and landed it right away after which (not touching the levers anymore) I could hear the rotors spinning faster then the phantom lifts off the ground on its own and I have to force it back down with the control otherwise it will keeps forcing upwards. This goes on for about 1 minute and sometimes the motors will cut out.

Please advise! I've lost all confidence to fly it outside. Thanks in advance!

First off, flying in your apartment is NOT a controlled environment. The P2s have the newer agressive style prop for more lift, time etc. If you fly outside and do a fast decent you'll find P2 props have a major prop wash and if you come down rather quickly, she's going to crash in her propwash. When flying indoors or your "controlled environment" it has the opposite effect the closer you get to a ceiling she's going to get sucked into it. Also indoors you're not going to have the luxury of flying via GPS you're in atti mode and that's a challenge in itself indoors.

Bottom line, take it outside in a big open space, fly it and ENJOY IT.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20