Uploading vids to youtube

4K needs good processing on your laptop plus fast internet.

I have no problems as I have new Mac Pro and get 120 MBPS Internet at home

That is fast. I only get 7Mb down/1Mb up. On a good day.

One thing to also note is that Youtube takes awhile to show all the available video settings. I upload in 4k, and sometimes it only shows up in 480 or 720. But an hour later, it's 4k. So if you just uploaded it that will be why! :)

I'm taking videos with my d3a and when I upload them to youtube I'm only getting 780p. Why is it not downloading the full 1080 or higher ? When I watch the video it only goes to 780
I use Final Cut Pro on OSX (MAC) to render my videos. They post to youtube at 1080p with MP4 as the extension. Hope this helps...
Example..

Last edited:
Reactions: Jtrjr
Well, not quite multi-GB. 4:33 = 490,011KB.

View attachment 51891

The full video straight off the SD card is 3.7 GB & 8:37 long.
The edited and exported file is roughly half that.

This is the file upload to YouTube in the link above.

That wont be done at 25MP/s to be that size... what did you export it with :)

I stopped uploading 1080p as 720p is good enough for my 60 inch tv !

I dunno bout that, 4K looks way different and far better on the larger screen. I'll never go back to 720p because the difference is astounding :)

I use Final Cut Pro on OSX (MAC) to render my videos. They post to youtube at 1080p with MP4 as the extension. Hope this helps...
Example..
very nice except at some shots you kept speed high and thus it was straining to eyes.

Reactions: Reed L
very nice except at some shots you kept speed high and thus it was straining to eyes.
+1 but a good video none the less :) I use transitions when jumping from fast to normal speeds and that's about the only time that I use them because it soothes the speed change. I use a finely granulated transition for the best results when changing speeds. It called dissolve on Power Director then I shorten that transition up 50%, which doubles the presentation speed of the transition - so it's fast - the viewer doesn't notice the transition and it takes the step needed for the eyes to easily make those speed changes.

Reactions: Noodle
I use transitions when jumping from fast to normal speeds and that's about the only time that I use them because it soothes the speed change. I use a finely granulated transition for the best results when changing speeds. It called dissolve on Power Director then I shorten that transition up 50%, which doubles the presentation speed of the transition - so it's fast - the viewer doesn't notice the transition and it takes the step needed for the eyes to easily make those speed changes.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will check out this dissolve in my PD13 next time.

Reactions: Reed L
Does anyone else have problems watching 4k videos on youtube? My laptop cant handle it.

I had. My videos didn't wanna play on Safari in 1080 (on a mac), but worked on Chrome. Tried to get help from youtube guys, but the only 'help' you could get there from forums. Some folk could advice you, but no much help was there for me.

I used Premiere Pro to edit and render my video

I use Filmora from Wondershare. Works just fine except for ability to do color correction as is possible with Adobe Premiere or Lightroom for stills.

You mean speed of the video feed or the drone was flying too fast?
Speed of the drone.

Usually speed of the drone should be reduced as you lower your drone. Idea is that it should be soothing to the eyes. Too fast speed will strain your eyes and too slow will make it boring to view.

Sometimes we use post processing App to adjust the speed.

Finally it's all about visual effects, what to show, what to focus on and what to blur.

Last edited:
Reactions: dotcomray
Never had any problem on my Win10 PC. I just take the file off the card and send it straight to YouTube and YouTube takes it in as 4K. My internet is 239Mb down/17.5 up though. :)

Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik