Upgrading to P3 Pro this week

It sure does.

Short money then... might be the only thing I get after getting my P3P, which is sitting next to me in my basement... :) But unfortunately the weather will be crappy till Sunday... ugh... No worries, I am in the middle of a racing drone build, and I also need time to read the P3P manual a bunch of times...

Don't expect much from the business guys :)

I ended up buying the P3P outright... going to try to sell my P2. I added a bunch to it, so maybe it will be more attractive to potential buyers. Got an extra P3P battery as well...

I ended up buying the P3P outright... going to try to sell my P2. I added a bunch to it, so maybe it will be more attractive to potential buyers. Got an extra P3P battery as well...
Best wishes. Take our help whenever you need any.

Just checked out the Windsurfer... does that REALLY work?? I have been an IT guy for almost 20 years, and I see people try this sort of thing on wireless access points but never works...
It works but it, obviously, makes the signal more directional. So you'll have to keep pointing your controller at your bird.

Get familiar with training yourself to use the map tracking feature in the lower left hand corner (or expanded to full screen). Initially, you may feel a little uncomfortable in the transition to fpv. The map will be your saving grace for navigation if you lose sight or orientation without having to rely on RTH. At first it's a little awkward to get used to using it but just remember, the yellow kine is your way home. Great advice above. I'm currently at those settings on channel 31 and can comfortably get one mile or more without issue. The hack can be found in youtube. Hard to find the file but it's in a link embedded in the users website. 64kb. Has to be extracted. I highly recommend reducing your brake setting to 90% to reduce the harshness of braking... i.e. prop fly off. Always make sure your battery is snapped in snug. I found initially that there was a tendency not to lock in initially unlike the Phantom 2.
How do you "back the brakes off?"

How do you "back the brakes off?"
Reduce the "Brake" value below. Make sure you test your Phantom above all obstacles after reducing this value. It'll coast more before it comes to a complete stop.

DJI-GO-Adjust-Brake-Setting.jpg

Currently, my settings for expo are .35, .20 .35. Attitude reduced to.90. Brake reduced to .90, yaw gain reduced to .90 (lower yaw recovery from wind gust. Highly recommend turning down your gimbal scroll speed to make nice and smooth gimbal moves up and down.

Just think. No more turning on the GoPro on one pic snap every 3 seconds and having 95 images to weed through. No more hitting record and having 15 minutes of video footage.

On demand camera snap, video record, image adjustment on the fly. Heads and tails above the P2.

And you'll love the third gimbal axis during YAW. No more camera shutter on slight yaw turns. Comes out glossy.

Just think. No more turning on the GoPro on one pic snap every 3 seconds and having 95 images to weed through. No more hitting record and having 15 minutes of video footage.

This... I will NOT miss doing that... and now I can dedicate my GoPro to other stuff without having to worry about remounting it to my P2 all the time...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan