Upgrading radio antenna....

Reaction score
I can get roughly go about 900m, my radio will lost signal and trigger failsafe. I would like to upgrade my antenna on my radio and reach more distance.

I already ordered the cable and a 8dbi TP link antenna. On the installation part, I have seen some videos on YouTube so I have a rough idea. I am just wondering how you guys did it on the screw on antenna part to get it fit with the stock radio casing?

And how much range increase am I looking for?

Grind down the nut so it fits in the slot

Maybe another 500m or so.. depends on the quality of the TP link antenna really. 8dbi on paper may translate to 3dbi in practice, remember to keep it vertical, in the same plane as the Phantom's antennas.
People are getting 1200m or so with stock antennas... changed your batteries lately?

Maybe another 500m or so.. depends on the quality of the TP link antenna really. 8dbi on paper may translate to 3dbi in practice, remember to keep it vertical, in the same plane as the Phantom's antennas.
People are getting 1200m or so with stock antennas... changed your batteries lately?

Farest I have went with stock antenna is around 900m, flying over residential area usually I get 600m, then failsafe kicked in. I always keep my radio charged, I have the newer radio with the built in battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair