Amplified Antenna Issue

Reaction score
Hello Everybody! I am having an issue with my amplified panel on my P3Pro. The antenna kit was purchased from Maxxuav. For years I have had no issues, but now both amps cut out about 30 seconds after turning them on. The little indicator lamps on the amps go out. The battery seems to be OK as I have charged my cell phone with no issues. I bought new battery anyhow, and the amps still cutout. I tired both amps one at a time to see if it might be one bad amp... both amps cut out when hooked up separately. Any ideas what may be causing the amps shutting down ? I checked the wiring and it seems ok. End of amps which say "Radio" goes to the transmitter. End which says "Antenna" goes to the panel antenna.

Edit: I tried both panels. The huge one and the smaller panel. Same outcome with either antenna.

Many Thanks In Advance !

I received an email saying I have a reply from ianzone. I must be nuts, but I don't see the reply here, only in my email. The answer to ianzone's questions is YES, I have Sun Ham amps !!!

Nope I'm nuts lol,I was curious but deleted it,,thought I would try find out though but hardly any info about on why light goes out,blue flashing in use,,green charging,,cant remember what red was but nothing on light goin out,,what's it running for power 12 v,,6volt,,? I'm thinking when they on it's getting hot somewhere inside and shutting off but that's a guess,I know they can burn out, are they able to be opened to visually have a check,might need reflow of solder,,I'm still curious so I'm still looking
I did go with non boosted with my itelite panel for the p4,never had no issues

Oh good, you mean my gray matter is still relativity still intact !!!??? So, the amps are 5 volts... at least the output on the stock battery pack is 5 volts.. Can't get into removing the amps just yet as they are zip tied, etc, to the failing bracket. I remember they do have screwed on back covers so at some point in the very near future I will remove and inspect. I will remove the amps and run the big panel without them and see how that works out. Many Thanks for looking into this. I hate to buy 2 amps at approximately 85 bucks each. I don't fly the big boys that often, but my flying buddy wants to fly his 4 pro so I'm getting the 3 ready, after a year or 2 of sitting. His 4 has the amplified system as well and I was hoping to keep up with him. At least until my small P3P batteries starting crying out to RTH !!Talk later ! Cheers !!

Attachments

• small and big panel.jpg
    small and big panel.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
Yeh sounds like they need to be checked or tested,,here's pic if my old remote
Same panel and it was one of the best upgrades I done,,never flew to far but signal and transmission was just outstanding as to why I never bothered with the amps,,remote was heavy with the tablet,
Oh I miss mine so bad
Screenshot_20220419-150901_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeh sounds like they need to be checked or tested,,here's pic if my old remote
Same panel and it was one of the best upgrades I done,,never flew to far but signal and transmission was just outstanding as to why I never bothered with the amps,,remote was heavy with the tablet,
Oh I miss mine so bad
View attachment 123882
That's one sweet looking controller you have there. Yup, I was going to write Sun Hans but to be honest I don't really fly the big boy that much anymore. I did take the covers off the aps and I don't see any irregularity's. I'm going to lay the amps aside for now. We'll see what the future brings if I pursue this any further. I took the cover off the GL300B to make sure everything was good. Thought it would be possible an antenna wire had some insulation rubbing off. Everything is OK except for the typical deteriorating and crumbling plastic around the screw holes. I touched them up with tiny bit of ca glue and will let that cure overnight for maximum strength. Will be assembled tomorrow using a very "light" touch with the screw driver !! Cheers out to ya ianzone. Peace !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic