Upgrading from P3 S, to Mavic.

Reaction score
My new Mavic is waiting under my Christmas Tree for the big day soon to come.

This might be a dumb question, but if you don't know, you don't know.

My question is what do I do with the current DHI Go App on my Iphone? Will I need to download a Mavic specific app? Can I connect the new mavic to my IPhone without any downloads? Do I just open the app, look for the Mavic bar, and connect?

Reactions: Kaeger
Will I need to download a Mavic specific app?
Yes you will need to download and use Go 4 for the Mavic which is different than the Go app you currently use for your P3S.

Reactions: JoBe
Can I connect the new mavic to my IPhone without any downloads?
No. Download and install "DJI GO 4" from the app store on your iPhone.

Yes you will need to download and use Go 4 for the Mavic which is different than the Go app you currently use for your P3S.
^^ This is what I know to be correct.

"Do you like the Mavic?"

Yesssssss. I flew it for 2 hours today! My PS3 was given the name "Catbird" and today I christened the Mavic the "Jaybird."

Catbird served me well for 9 months and he went on many successful missions. He has never been on the ground unless landing. Catbird was my first drone,and where I learned to fly. I thought I would be content with him for at least another year but when the price of the Mavic came down with extras, I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Jaybird is more agile,faster, better camera and more useful software, and much better distance. Winds varied today from 12 mph to 18 mph. He doesn't handle wind as well as the catbird, but did ok today. Today was routine flying over well known lands.

Flying a 1000 dollar toy made me a little nervous, but after a few minutes Jaybird advised, "you got this," and I flew 2 miles out. I don't normally fly one of my birds out of line of sight, but it was just too easy with the new mavic.

What I don't like? How ya gotta put your phone on the controller. In place I can't operate the home button on the Iphone. (am I doin something wrong?) and I have to remove the case to install it. Can anyone do otherwise? How does a mini Ipad work with a mavic?

On his return flight home, he came a little too close to a few tall trees, because I could not see the Iphone screen as well as would have liked. I intend to go in and look at the camera settings.

The catbird is little miffed right now at sharing shelf space with Jaybird.

I found my phone screen just to small for these older eyes. Wanted a dedicated monitor, went to a 7" tablet, Acer Iconia which works everytime, great legible screen, on at Canada Computers for 85 bucks. (if you get the Acer make sure it has the MedTek processor)
Bit of a squeeze into the Mavic holder but does fit & large screen is a treat!
Good flying!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20