Upgraded from P2V to P2V+ help needed :(

Reaction score
Hi All, First post so be gentle with me :) So I have had a P2V for 9 months now and massively impressed with it but always been envious of the smoothness of video from a P2V+ so I managed to get a hold of a barely used one, Now im fortunate enough to use my drones at work so I know what my P2V achieved and hoped for the same with the new one, not so :( On my original one if I did a straight up straight down test no flying round messing about it used to get to approx. 1300 ft then I would get phantom connection broken, the new one gives me the same message at 550ft, also the older one when coming into land I could just bring it down nice smooth and straight but this one drifts to the side slightly so I have to counteract it what gives? All firmware up to date, Compass calibrated, what else can I be looking at? Thanks for your help in advance, Oh one last thing when I turn on the P2V I get the little jingle then 3 repeated tones, this one I just get the jingle no tones is that normal?

make sure your TX is in FCC mode.
Make sure to always point the flat part of the range extender towards the Phantom while in flight.
Yes the noise is normal for the P2V+, DE DE DE and no tones.
Do you know about leveling the Phantom before doing an advanced calibration? It helps.

TX is already in FCC confirmed by 2 beeps when turning on, Repeater is pointed at aircraft at all times, Don't know about the levelling so im still stuck on range :(

you may want to pop the top off and check the antenna connections inside. I get over 1200 feet with my P2V+. 1200 feet is my personal best so far. I don't want to lose LOS.
However, I have done antenna mods. I added an external 6db antenna to my TX and to the range extender. You might want to check the antenna connection inside the TX also. Mine was glued in. I have v3 with the pitch wheel TX.
I think I should get 2400 feet from this mod but I haven't tested it yet. It's hard to find 2400 open feet where I live. I'm more than happy with reliable 1200 feet.
Getting the Phantom dead nuts level before you do an advanced calibration is key to the drifting. There are posts and videos to show us how.
I have learned not to descend too fast straight down through my rotor wash. I rock and roll side to side as I descend now.

STOP.. Do a new IMU calibration make sure your copter is perfectly level from front to back and side to side. Then redo the compass cal prior to take off. Those two together should fix your drift problem. Be sure that your antenna is on a 45 angle to the copter for the controller and the flat front face of the wifi is pointed up at the copter. These should help.

STOP.. Do a new IMU calibration make sure your copter is perfectly level from front to back and side to side. Then redo the compass cal prior to take off. Those two together should fix your drift problem. Be sure that your antenna is on a 45 angle to the copter for the controller and the flat front face of the wifi is pointed up at the copter. These should help.
If you used the kitchen sink and a large pc of Styrofoam you might get a quick easy and level .I have also wondered about using a level turn table for the HOR /VERT.compass calibration and if that smooth and level rotations would help pull more sats. Also what would happen if you used a 6 foot rotation Are there any astronaut's out there So much technology so little time

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic