Upgrade my P3s??

9d413798d273bce0f83e01631828c1f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Was this with stock remote? ****. 20k plus

get one I'm thinking of getting a p3a cause I'm pretty sure there is no phantom 4 coming out phantom x is my guess
I'm not sure how you are sure. Hehehhe

Only you can know if youre willing to spend the extra dough for the minor upgrades.
Bob. I'm not sure it's really a minor upgrade. They light bridge alone is significant. No interference from the neighbors wifi. Plus can use the cool goggles with no problems. I mean I have a big investment in my standard sure. But since I'm going all out with this. May as well get the best. Imo. Unless the p4 or some other fantastic device comes out. I just find it funny they are dropping prices like flies. I mean on January 5th when I saw the standard at 699 I was going to get it. Then I saw 659 the next day and Best Buy would not price match Amazon. So I said screw it. The next day it was 499 at Best Buy. Could not believe it. Now the pro is down to 945 at eBay. Unreal.

Well for most people I think a standard would be fine. But Tony has been pushing his to the limit and flies quite frequently. I think as much as he is doing with it and wanting from it upgrading would be warranted. I've read a number of threads where they got a standard then wished they got a P3 with lightbridge. But looking back at all you've done so far Tony coupled with your future plans of taking it to the Far East I would say go for the upgrade.
Well to be honest. I did not know the big difference when I got the standard. After really doing the homework and everything and seeing the difference in video quality as well as range. I thought. ****. A pro is in my future. But I do love my standard. I just think for the price drop. It is not bad. Unless they drop 1k off the inspire. Then it's game on. I would jump on it. I think my Amex can spare it. Hehehehe.

Reactions: nattieman
new dji in march announcement most likely will not be in store till after that if it goes like the p3 did last spring. They do seem to be setting up a bit better this year though, clearing stock and pricing....

they say cost of new quad will be 1700.00 us more or less, what you get for that is unkown....

30 day warranty and best CS around
Used | B&H Photo Video

they usually have more and have seen the 3pa go for 600-700 and pro for 700-800,
I bought my pro for 850 in december15 when new was still 1250.00
perfect condition and many flights love it.

took money I saved and bought a backup p3s for 399 to get battery and spare.

one for local fun stuff
one for serious flying/work

total for for 2 quads with2 bats = 1250

good luck and have fun flying!
Now that's what I'm talking about. Sweet :)
Followed your link. B and h has pro for 899. Something is going on for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: nattieman
Bob. I'm not sure it's really a minor upgrade. They light bridge alone is significant. No interference from the neighbors wifi. Plus can use the cool goggles with no problems. I mean I have a big investment in my standard sure. But since I'm going all out with this. May as well get the best. Imo. Unless the p4 or some other fantastic device comes out. I just find it funny they are dropping prices like flies. I mean on January 5th when I saw the standard at 699 I was going to get it. Then I saw 659 the next day and Best Buy would not price match Amazon. So I said screw it. The next day it was 499 at Best Buy. Could not believe it. Now the pro is down to 945 at eBay. Unreal.

In my opinion they are minor. The 4k camera does not impress me at all (meaning this particular 4k camera, l'm a sucker for 4k video otherwise) so thats not an upgrade in my opinion, sure its got some extra lines of resolution but that just gives you bigger files to deal with all for slight improvement that most people wouldn't even be able to notice. That leaves you with the lightbridge being the biggest gain, from how I understand it the lightbridge is subject to interference just like the Standards are so to see the range improvements you still must go out to the middle of nowhere. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on that. If I need to film something out of my 7000' range I will drive closer and then fly to it. Saved myself 300+ dollars.

Just my opinion though and the reasons why I stuck with the standard.

But theres a difference between buying something because you need it vs want it.

Reactions: Propagandy
Tony, I think you should keep it... If you decide to sell it, you are not going to get much, given that brand new go for about $400-$500. Sometimes less if on sale.
Fly the heck out of it, practice, experiment. Maybe do a mod, its only ~$100 or so... And then after the new Phantom model hits the stores, im sure everybody gonna drop prices on Adv/Pros..
You gonna see a bunch of those 'one-day' sales where you can grab one for a great price. And super great distance is not guaranteed with Adv/Pro if you live in a high WiFi interference area.. Better than P3S for sure, but not worth the extra $$ right now in my opinion.. Unless money is not a problem, then... My p3s was a christmas gift from my wife. i really wanted P3 advanced, especially after the first few flights when i kept loosing signal at 800'. i've since grown to love it, especially after installing antenna mod. and i just ordered some amps, so it will keep me busy till i see a p3p offer i cant refuse...

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Hey guys,

I have owned all 3 Phantom 3's and wanted to share some thoughts. If I could only own 1 P3 it would hands down be the P3P. Is the P3A similar? Sure. Except the 4k camera, faster 100w charger, and 10Mbps fpv video are all must haves for me. I fly with fpv glasses when its sunny out so having the higher fpv video quality is a must. Using fpv glasses over hdmi on the P3A stinks!. Way to blury/grainy. If you have no need for 4k video, can wait the extra 30 minutes to charge your battery and don't care about ever using fpv glasses then hands down the P3A is amazing! At one point I sold my P3A and had nothing which sucked. So I bought a P3S for $499 to get back into the hobby. On the first flight I started getting the lost signal messages and I remember thinking... What?!? My P3A went wayyyyy father without any issues. So I sold the P3S and bought another P3A. After seeing the 2Mbps fpv video my mind was FINALLY made up.

Long story short, I bought a P3P open box for $800 and a P3S open box for $350. I wanted a spare battery and for only $200 more I got a complete P3S out of it. Both have DBS antennas and I couldn't be happier. If I feel like flying in a smaller field or doing the intelligent flight controls I use the P3S. If I want to do a long range flight using fpv glasses I grab the Pro. Either way you cannot go wrong with any of the P3 drones, but again if I could only own 1... P3P all the way baby!

Reactions: martybabe
Hey guys,

I have owned all 3 Phantom 3's and wanted to share some thoughts. If I could only own 1 P3 it would hands down be the P3P. Is the P3A similar? Sure. Except the 4k camera, faster 100w charger, and 10Mbps fpv video are all must haves for me. I fly with fpv glasses when its sunny out so having the higher fpv video quality is a must. Using fpv glasses over hdmi on the P3A stinks!. Way to blury/grainy. If you have no need for 4k video, can wait the extra 30 minutes to charge your battery and don't care about ever using fpv glasses then hands down the P3A is amazing! At one point I sold my P3A and had nothing which sucked. So I bought a P3S for $499 to get back into the hobby. On the first flight I started getting the lost signal messages and I remember thinking... What?!? My P3A went wayyyyy father without any issues. So I sold the P3S and bought another P3A. After seeing the 2Mbps fpv video my mind was FINALLY made up.

Long story short, I bought a P3P open box for $800 and a P3S open box for $350. I wanted a spare battery and for only $200 more I got a complete P3S out of it. Both have DBS antennas and I couldn't be happier. If I feel like flying in a smaller field or doing the intelligent flight controls I use the P3S. If I want to do a long range flight using fpv glasses I grab the Pro. Either way you cannot go wrong with any of the P3 drones, but again if I could only own 1... P3P all the way baby!
This is exactly what I was thinking. I would like the glasses. But think it's way too hard with a standard. So I will wait. And also. I will just keep my standard. After buying case. Another battery. 64g SD card. Remounting the remote. It's jus worth it to keep and not sell. I will eventually upgrade
but only after they release whatever is coming up. But if the pro is say 500/700. I will jump on it. Might do it anyway for 800. Did not even think about open box model. Wow.
Which kind of fpv glasses are you using ?

No fpvlr well worth the $400!!!!!!

Wow that remote is hardcore. What's with the digital readout? Looks like advanced or pro remote as well. I thought you would get at least 15k stock.

P4 will be announced in a couple of days....

Wish I knew for sure. I will just wait and save the cash for the new p4 then. I'm sure it won't be cheap either.

Actually this isn't quite true. You do get much better range with the Pro/Advanced 2.4 Ghz Lightbridge system over the Standard's hybrid 5.8/Wi-Fi system, but Lightbridge still suffers reduced range in RF-busy 2.4 Ghz Wi-Fi environments. Flying over my neighborhood with lots of houses & Wi-Fi I typically get 6000-8000' with my stock Advanced, compared to 20,000'+ in open areas like over water or open fields. The ease of adding FPV goggles is true! :cool:

No interference from the neighbors wifi. Plus can use the cool goggles with no problems.

Actually this isn't quite true. You do get much better range with the Pro/Advanced 2.4 Ghz Lightbridge system over the Standard's hybrid 5.8/Wi-Fi system, but Lightbridge still suffers reduced range in RF-busy 2.4 Ghz Wi-Fi environments. Flying over my neighborhood with lots of houses & Wi-Fi I typically get 6000-8000' with my stock Advanced, compared to 20,000'+ in open areas like over water or open fields. The ease of adding FPV goggles is true! :cool:
This is what im looking for. Even if range is reduced I need s good goggle setup that is full immersion. I'm sure I can do it with advance. Or pro. Just trying to figure it out on standard. This is very hard. Will see what new drone brings to the table.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj