Upgrade my P3s??

Reaction score
Well I looked online and saw brand new p3p for $945 on eBay. Unreal. Even in dji web site suddenly $999. I mean I know basically same drone with better camera. But i think I saw someone go 27k feet on the pro. With a modded remote. Not sure. Maybe I imagined it since I can't find the thread. Anyone else thinking. Of upgrading? Or should I just wait?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: shorttimer
I mean I know basically same drone with better camera.
The P3P (even the P3A) is better than the P3S in many ways. It's a great time to upgrade. There's no telling if DJI will raise the price back up later.

Upgrade. Then upgrade again if DJI comes out with a can't live without package of features.

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Need to see if I can get rid of my 2 month old p3s. Might just keep it and have a fleet. I think the battery is interchangeable. Not sure.

Tony,

I would strongly recommend getting an Advance or a Pro. I know you have been talking a lot about 4K video so a Pro would be your best bet. Yes, the battery is compatible. The lightbridge technology is great. I personally don't see them going back up higher in price as this is technology. You don't buy it for an investment as something better/cheaper is just around the corner. But it is always supply and demand. But I think you will see $1k or lower for Pros and $800 and lower for the Advanced. Yesterday eBay deal of the day had the P3S 2.7k new shipped for $439. But in my opinion the price will stay around here or even go a little lower.

Well I looked online and saw brand new p3p for $945 on eBay. Unreal. Even in dji web site suddenly $999. I mean I know basically same drone with better camera. But i think I saw someone go 27k feet on the pro. With a modded remote. Not sure. Maybe I imagined it since I can't find the thread. Anyone else thinking. Of upgrading? Or should I just wait?

I just upgraded to the P3 Advanced. My P3S is less then 2 months old. There is no comparison. I spent more on the Standard than the Advanced cost. DBS mod, Inspire tablet mount etc. I have not decided if I will sell the Standard or keep it. If I crashed or lost the Advanced I'm not sure I could go back.

Last edited:
The advance is 799. But ****. 945 is a sweet price. Now makes me want to wait. See if that awesome inspire will come down too. Would really love to have 1 each.

Reactions: stulpin300m
Wait will be cheaper once dji introduce the P4

get one I'm thinking of getting a p3a cause I'm pretty sure there is no phantom 4 coming out phantom x is my guess

Well for most people I think a standard would be fine. But Tony has been pushing his to the limit and flies quite frequently. I think as much as he is doing with it and wanting from it upgrading would be warranted. I've read a number of threads where they got a standard then wished they got a P3 with lightbridge. But looking back at all you've done so far Tony coupled with your future plans of taking it to the Far East I would say go for the upgrade.

9d413798d273bce0f83e01631828c1f3.jpg

The advance is 799. But ****. 945 is a sweet price. Now makes me want to wait. See if that awesome inspire will come down too. Would really love to have 1 each.

Go with the advanced if your looking for range!!!

new dji in march announcement most likely will not be in store till after that if it goes like the p3 did last spring. They do seem to be setting up a bit better this year though, clearing stock and pricing....

they say cost of new quad will be 1700.00 us more or less, what you get for that is unkown....

30 day warranty and best CS around
Used | B&H Photo Video

they usually have more and have seen the 3pa go for 600-700 and pro for 700-800,
I bought my pro for 850 in december15 when new was still 1250.00
perfect condition and many flights love it.

took money I saved and bought a backup p3s for 399 to get battery and spare.

one for local fun stuff
one for serious flying/work

total for for 2 quads with2 bats = 1250

good luck and have fun flying!

I too am thinking about upgrading to the P3P. Sadly Christmas Day I crashed my first P3S. Bought all the parts I assume I need ($200 worth). Them found one at Sam's Club for $600.00 so I bought it. I had already done the DBS mod on my first one so I inboxed the new one and paired the R/C. Then DJI added a ton to the site allowing us to buy just the bird, UGH!
I have thought about trying to find someone to fix my crashed bird or maybe send it to DJI. (any help here would be great). So this this is the Rock and the hard place I'm at. I'd really like to get the P3P but have to do something with the broke bird.

I just upgraded to the P3 Advanced. My P3S is less then 2 months old. Do it no comparison. I spent more on the Standard than the Advanced cost. DBS Mos Inspire tablet mount etc. I have not decided if I will sell the Standard or keep it. If I crashed or lost the Advanced I'm not sure I could go back.
I see. But for price of advance. May as well go pro. At least camera is better. Not sure about range.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4