Updating/Downloading Firmware

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry for being a newbie!

I have bought my P3 and am about to set it all up - I have held off from downloading anything yet, so assume that I don't need to "update" and merely download/use the latest versions of everything.

As I understand it, I have to download firmware for the phantom itself and the controller as well is that correct?

I also saw a video of a guy doing this on youtube (
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
). In it, this guy has an SD card reader adapter - do I need one of these or is there a long way around it? (Hope so!).

Many thanks in advance,

Paul

Reactions: Fplvert
I needed to update the firmware on my bird and my controller. The firmware file can be downloaded from the DJI P3 downloads page here http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download there are different download links for the Pro and Advanced model P3's. To update the aircraft expanded the zip file I downloaded from DJI and copied the .bin file to my microSD card. Then I inserted the microSD card in to the drone and turned the drone on. It began the update and made a series of 4 beeps while it was updating. After the update was complete it made a series of 3 beeps. Like "Beep<slight pause>Beep,Beep". I would guess it took maybe 15-20 mins??

Then I turned up my remote and connected my iPad to the controller and the Pilot app indicated that I needed to update the remote control.
I powered off the drone, copied the same .bin firmware file I used to update the drone to a USB thumb drive and inserted the thumb drive in to the USB port on the front of the remote control. Then I turned the remote control on and it performed the firmware update in a few mins.

Hope this help!

-Tommy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31