Updates Official DJI

FWIW, I don't think it's safe to assume that's DJI's official statement on firmware updates. It's likely just the opinion of "DJI Susan".

"DJI Susan"....now that's a name I haven't seen in a while....:p:p

fBcZaPq.jpg
The one and only. You nailed it msinger

Reactions: Fly Dawg
Last I looked you must update firmware as available for warranty issues.

Has that changed?

Reactions: smackc4
Last I looked you must update firmware as available for warranty issues.
I don't see that mentioned anywhere in DJI's warranty, in the manuals, or on their website. Until it shows up in any of those places, I think it's safe to assume every mention of that is also not an official statement from DJI.

I don't see that mentioned anywhere in DJI's warranty, in the manuals, or on their website. Until it shows up in any of those places, I think it's safe to assume every mention of that is also not an official statement from DJI.

Msinger is correct, no where is it written that updating is required for warranty issues. All we are doing is beta testing for DJI. I received every DJI Drone (I own several)in full working order from DJI with working firmware, if I hadn’t updated I wouldn’t have had any problems, but when I switched from FatShark goggles to the DJI RC Edition Goggles I had to, now I’m at the point of having everything perfect! I’m not touching firmware anymore until there’s another feature I want or need haha

What? What happened to my pic I uploaded lol. Wasn't that bad was it ? Can't see it now

In reality what company fully tests their software before they release it? TV, computer, phone?
I worked in gaming (not computer games) for 25+ years. The last company I worked for did more testing than any company I've ever worked for. There was developer testing, developer peer review, hours and hours of QA testing, regulator testing and field testing. After all those were complete, they got the approval. Submitting products for approval is so expensive, they rarely let something out that didn't work as intended the first time. I have a colleague that worked in Aerospace, and they were the same way. DJI does seem to cut the corners (only by anecdotal evidence, not experience).

Quote: " " If everything works well, there is no need to update. "
So their (sic) you have it ."

Besides missing grade 6 grammar classes :D:D, I see you didn't attend the lesson on "Not believing everything you read", which these days translates into "Don't believe everything on the internet."
I've run into problems with upgrades and also not upgrading. Shades of MS Windows 8 easily comes to mind very painfully. Like most things in life, and droning, it's contextual. The motto one needs is, "Make plenty of mistakes and learn a lot, or, make no 'missteakes' and learn nothing -- or else lead a very boring life.:rolleyes::)

Reactions: Hounddog and beb
This is a quote from the DJI forum.

" If everything works well, there is no need to update. "

So their you have it

Update or just leave

They nailed it. I run legacy Firmware AND software (apps) on all my birds. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't have to take tests and I don't have to login to the mother ship. EVER. The birds are rock-solid reliable. Win = me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic