Updates Official DJI

It's not mentioned anywhere in DJI's warranty, in the manuals, or on their website.

FYI, other DJI employees say running old firmware does not void the warranty. See this post and this post on the DJI forum.
... do these five employees constitute the official policy of the whole company?

You may well be right , but she is one of the faces of DJI on their official website , opinion or not.

Im still sticking with "If it aint broke ,dont fix it" :)
I wish I had read your comments months ago. Regret some updates.

You may well be right , but she is one of the faces of DJI on their official website , opinion or not.

Im still sticking with "If it aint broke ,dont fix it" :)
VERY SMART ADVICE ... I am still on '509' firmware and it works without issues !!!

Here's the odd thing with me and updates. If I bought a phone in my home country (England) I would have issues after issues with updates. But since I have had 3 phones imported from China, not one of them have gave me any issues. Really odd

Here's the odd thing with me and updates. If I bought a phone in my home country (England) I would have issues after issues with updates. But since I have had 3 phones imported from China, not one of them have gave me any issues. Really odd
DJI probably tests their updates on Chinese phones. :cool:

Reactions: Neon Euc
I made the update, and now the app no longer works on an iPad Mini 1. I have to use an iPhone 4
Mini 1 is a seriously outdated device. No way it would even be able to function effectively running iOS 11, Apple's latest operating system for all iPads. GO 4 is a complex program, requiring decent computing power to run effectively. Even your iPhone 4 is an antique! The latest iPhone is iPhone 10! Mini 4 is the minimum required for decent GO 4 performance. I certainly wouldn't trust my $1500 DJI investment to an 8 year old iPad/iPhone! :eek:

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I worked in gaming (not computer games) for 25+ years. The last company I worked for did more testing than any company I've ever worked for. There was developer testing, developer peer review, hours and hours of QA testing, regulator testing and field testing. After all those were complete, they got the approval. Submitting products for approval is so expensive, they rarely let something out that didn't work as intended the first time. I have a colleague that worked in Aerospace, and they were the same way. DJI does seem to cut the corners (only by anecdotal evidence, not experience).
As always their are exceptions to everything and I applaud those companies who do their homework, There are also lots of exceptions as well. The Public expects things to work, is the issue on their computer or a failure to properly test the software being released? I mix of both is my guess. I use an Ipad Air 2 and have never had an issue. But then again I have not loaded the Air 2 up with a bunch of stuff. I use the air 2 for the Drone and pictures.

Last edited:
fBcZaPq.jpg
The one and only. You nailed it msinger
Thank You for everything you try to do to help the end user, I for one appreciate it

Ok, I'm still running App 2.7.0 Aircraft P3 pro 1.4.10 and RC 1.5.70. Everything works great. Some folks like to be Bata testers, for DJI. Have fun!

That was an unusual statement by a DJI employee, usually they are the first ones to say "make sure you're on the latest firmware and app version"
If your craft has a current stable firmware and you read the release notes for the new firmware and you consider the added functions in the new firmware to not be important or critical from a safety perspective, then why should you risk updating and getting a bird with different kinds of problems which are introduced by the new firmware update installed?
At least wait until other people have tested the firmware and reported it to be stable.
I´m talking about firmware updates in general, not any particular firmware.

"Latest is not always the best"

And the warranty is valid even if you are not on the latest firmware..

Reactions: RCLudlow

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl